This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Dear Diary, 

Winter is here! Summer was relaxing, but the boredom sunk in around mid-June. It’s feels great to be back in action, but Snowstorm Jonas was not welcoming AT ALL. I don’t want the winter to be a repeat of Nemo, but I want to enjoy an actual winter season. I’m taking my last steps in Boston. I want the experience!  

Dear Diary, 

Jonas is old news. This past weekend was something else. From what I experienced, a fresh batch of powdered snow is not so bad. The sound of crushed ice gives me the chills, but good chills. But, the thing that really gets to me is…SLUSH. My relationship with slush is messy, but I get passed it. Snow is the best and I always look forward to the experience. We mess around, but it’s nothing serious. I know if I am careless around slush, I’ll regret it. The feeling will last with me for a while. I just keep my distance. 

Dear Diary, 

This winter is complicated. There are ups and downs each week. I feel that I’m losing my footing. Every since the last snow party, things have gone downhill. Icy patches have formed on campus. I need to get over the bridge, but it’s going to take more time than I expected. 

Dear Diary, 

I have enjoyed getting back to business. I’m making strides and my friends are also in good shape. There were some negatives over Valentine’s Day weekend, but things cleared up sooner than later. The ice is thawing and we’re walking down recovery road. In the end, we’re all the same boot. 

Dear Diary, 

It’s only been a few weeks, but I already feel worn out. I always look forward to coming home and sharing stories with my floormates. This season has been an experience. I never know what to expect each day, yet what does not damage me, makes me a stronger. Let’s tie this talk there…for now. 

Updated: Febraury 19, 2016 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.