priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

“Don’t Blame Me”– The Feminist Podcast With Unapologetically Honest Advice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For a person who hates being involved in drama, I love hearing about it. I constantly want to know what’s going on in my friends’ lives. I love drama TV shows and celebrity gossip, but the pinnacle of listening to drama has to be through Meghan Rienks’ podcast, “Don’t Blame Me.” This advice podcast has listeners call in giving a brief description of their problems, so Meghan, her co-host Melissa, and a guest can give their best advice. The topics of the advice vary from relationship advice to mental health advice and all topics in between, but the podcast has a couple of common themes that keep me coming back to it.

Meghan and Melissa are consistently honest while preaching feminism and uring the listeners to do what’s best for them. They never shame listeners for the problems that they are having and while maintaining a feminst, sex-positive tone. Meghan, Melissa, and all their guests tackle these tough issues, while still making the listener feel as if they can make their own decisions. 

& give her probiotics ? : via @pinterest

A post shared by a podcast with Meghan Rienks (@dontblamemepod) on

When people are going through their own personal struggles, it is easy to think that they must be the only people to ever have these issues. This can feel very lonely, but the segment of the podcast called “Don’t Blame Them” alleviates all these fears. This segment allows other listeners who have been in a similar situation to call in and leave their own advice. It still surprises me how even the most seemingly obscure problems have someone else who’s been through a similar situation. This makes me feel less alone. 

Sometimes the advice we need to hear isn’t always the one we want to hear. The podcast is unapologetically honest, offering tough love when needed. The honesty of this podcast makes it feel so genuine. They answer all questions that many people are afraid to ask. It does not shy away from difficult or taboo topics and gives advice that may be hard to take, but many people need to hear. Meghan and Melissa have helped me navigate a multitude of new situations and have given some of the best advice I’ve heard.  

View this post on Instagram

we’re doing the lord’s work

Check out Don’t Blame Me next time you’re on the hunt for a new podcast!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hello, I'm Maura! I'm a pre-med junior at Boston University who obsessively reads romance books and watches The Bachelor. Somehow, I turned my her campus articles into my own personal book blog, so I hope you enjoy the bookish content! Let's be friends on goodreads! https://www.goodreads.com/mauradelaney
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.