Dominic Fike Charms the Crowd with his Smooth Vocals and Animated Dance Moves—A Concert Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the sun began to set on September 11, a line of teenagers and young adults snaked down the sidewalks of Allston. Dominic Fike, an honorary member of BROCKHAMPTON, would be performing at Brighton Music Hall. The crowd buzzed with excitement as individuals jostled into the venue. Sporting baggy jeans, bucket hats, and Air Force Ones, there was an indescribable Tumblr-esque vibe to this crowd. Almost everyone received large, black ‘under 21’ X’s on their hands at the door, speaking to the age range of Fike’s fan base.

While Dominic Fike might not be a household name, the 23-year-old boy from Naples, Florida is definitely worth watching. Associated with the boy band BROCKHAMPTON, Fike and his music have recently increased in popularity. Hit songs such as “3 Nights” and his appearance on Kevin Abstract’s song “Peach” emphasize Fike’s range of music style. Fike’s songs are typically short and sweet, always leaving the listener wanting more. 

Photo credit: Interview Mag

After the opener, Deb Never — who delivered a captivating performance — everyone was itching for Dominic Fike to come out and start his setlist. The crowd roared when he appeared, immediately beginning to bump and sway to his electronic beats. Fike was a hit. From slowed-down versions of his singles to a cover of Weezer’s “Say It Ain’t So,” Fike’s talent as a vocalist was indubitable. His interactions with the crowd were endearing as well, laughing and joking in between songs as if he was everyone’s friend.

But it was Fike’s dance moves that stole the show. He constantly squirmed and writhed to the beat, never standing still. Fike’s moves were infectious, and the young crowd began to dance more and more as the singer let loose on stage. The crowd ate everything up. His fans proved their loyalty, shouting every lyric back to him at the top of their lungs. With a contagious smile on his face from start to finish, it was clear Dominic Fike was happy to be in Allston. 

Photo credit: @abby_gross 

Dominic Fike is currently on tour! You can get tickets at dominicfike.com, or follow him on Spotify here.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Abby Gross is a sophomore at BU studying neuroscience! Shawty likes listening to music, being outside, eating dim sum, and hanging out with neat people.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.