This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you haven’t heard of them before, jade rollers are small facial rollers with a jade stone at each end. It’s purpose, you may ask? The jade stone’s natural properties give this mini facial roller the ability to heal and soothe the skin. Over the past several years, you may have seen them in beauty sections all around. Some beauty gurus SWEAR by them, while others see it as another tool that collects dust in your beauty cabinet. 

A simple facial roll could reduce puffiness, swelling, and impurities in the skin: are you convinced? Well, I wasn’t until I gave one a try. 

Woman Lying on White Textile With Sliced Cucumbers on Her Eyes
Breakingpic from Pexels
As someone who experiences frequent facial puffiness, especially in the morning, I had to give it a try. The recommended instructions for using the roller are having freshly cleansed skin and rolling each section of your face evenly, in an upward motion.The first time I used it, I didn’t know what to expect. If you roll gently and constantly, it’s like a mini facial massage. After a few uses, I noticed a difference in my morning puffiness, particularly around my eyes. The next day, I put my jade roller in the freezer prior to use. It not only had a great cooling effect but minimized my puffiness almost immediately (similar to the spoons in the freezer trick). 

various makeup utensils
Pexels
Jade rollers are supposed to clear toxins, minimize puffiness, prevent wrinkles, stimulate collagen in the skin, and even shrink pores. While I can’t tell if they have all these glorious effects, I can say that I see a difference in my skin. My skin is tighter, less puffy, and overall glowier! Even if the jade roller isn’t doing all these ~wonderful~ things for your skin, it’s an easy way to promote blood stimulation to your face.  

As a once jade-rolling skeptic, I can say that I have been converted. If you are looking for a way to improve your skin, without slapping on more products, this may be the tool to incorporate into your routine!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.