DIY Pinterest Recipes – Oatmeal Banana Muffins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

DIY Pinterest Recipes – Power Oatmeal Muffins

I have a confession to make. I am addicted to Pinterest. I am constantly re-pinning cool looking houses, outfits, jewelry, DIY projects, and recipes – anything that catches my eye. Of course, I’ll probably never actually own or do any of the cool things that I see on Pinterest, but one of the things I have gotten around to trying are some of the cool recipes.

As a college student who hates mornings, I’m always looking for good breakfast options that are “grab & go”, but are still healthy and nutritious. I found a recipe for “Power Oatmeal Muffins” and couldn’t resist.

What you’ll need:

3  mashed bananas (the riper the better!)

1 cup vanilla almond milk (you can substitute regular milk if you’d like)

2 eggs

1 tbsp baking powder

3 cups quaker oats

1 tsp vanilla

mini chocolate chips, blueberries, or anything else you’d like to add

[pagebreak]

Step 1: Gather your ingredients

Step 2: Mix Them Together

I recommend mashing the bananas in the same bowl you’ll use for mixing, and then add the other ingredients. Alternate between dry and wet ingredients.

Step 3: Place in lined cupcake pans

Unless you feel like scrubbing down your cupcake pants later, make sure you use those cute little liners. If you don’t have any lying around then make sure you spray the whole pan with Pam or Oil.

Step 4: Bake for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees

Mine went for about 24 minutes. Just keep an eye on them and wait until the edges are browned.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.