This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

So, after you spend the day walking through Harvard Yard, thrift shopping in Central Square or soaking up the sun along the Charles River, you will have surely worked up an appetite.

Eateries dot every block, but there are a few restaurants I would like to recommend that I have really enjoyed!

If you feel like Mexican, my absolute favorite is The Border Café! It is one block off of Harvard Square and has been offering authentic Mexican food and entertainment since 1987.  

Homemade guacamole is prepared at your table while you wait for your fajitas, quesadillas or enchiladas. They also offer blacked Cajun meat and fish if you feel like something with a kick. Truth be told, I can’t stop eating the chips and salsa!

If you feel like Thai Food, I would recommend Spices Cambridge, conveniently located in Harvard Square. The service was quick, the prices reasonable and the food tasty: curries, noodle dishes, soups and salads.

The Tod Mun was excellent as was the spicy pad Thai noodles. The Thai iced coffee and tea are a nice complement to any dish. I can’t wait to go back!

For Indian food look no further than The Maharaja in Harvard Square. It is on the second floor with large windows overlooking Winthrop Park. It has carved wooden chairs from India, a small assortment of god statues as well as other authentic Indian decorations.

The music is Indian. The aloo papri chaat was wonderful and so was the Goan fish curry. The waiters are attentive, but not intrusive. It’s a little pricey, so I would maybe save it for a special occasion!

It is true that Harvard Square is brimming with limitless options but there are a couple restaurants I discovered in Central Square that I am adding to my recommendations.

Central Square is a quick T ride from Harvard, but because it is only a mile down Mass Ave–I would recommend walking. Thelonious Monkfish is my pick for fresh fish and sushi. I had the Shrimp Pad Thai…excellent.

I tried my friend’s squid roll, too, and like my food, it was full of flavor. The staff are so friendly and made us feel at home. Highly recommend!

So, you just need to decide what cuisine you are in the mood for and go—you won’t be disappointed. If you find another restaurant you like, please let me know!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.