Date Ideas in Boston That Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Boston is a pretty expensive city. If you’re a broke college student like me, you don’t want to spend a lot of money, but you still want to have a good time with your significant other. With this list of inexpensive date ideas, you can still go on adventures with your S.O. around Boston without spending a ton of extra cash. 

1. Visit the Museum of Fine Art 

The MFA is always coming out with new exhibits, and there is always so much to see and learn. Admission is also free for Boston University students and other neighboring colleges if you bring your student ID. 

2. Ride Swan Boats 

This idea is by far the most romantic, as shown in The Notebook, arguably one of the sappiest movies of all time. At only three dollars per person, it’s pretty cheap, too. 

3. Brunch on Newbury 

There are so many options for brunch on Newbury that will allow you to have a delicious meal at any budget, and you’ll definitely get some great Instagram pictures, too. Also, who doesn’t like to eat? 

4. Walk around the Boston Public Garden and Commons

This is a great idea, especially if the weather is nice. Both the Boston Commons and the Boston Public Garden have lots of green space, making it a beautiful and romantic date spot. Plus, it’s absolutely free!

5. Comedy Show in the North End 

Laughing is my favorite pastime, and this would definitely be a unique experience for both partners. 

6. Walk the Freedom Trail 

Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because there is so much of Boston to see. The Freedom Trail is a great way to explore the beautiful city and is another totally free option for a date. 

I hope these six date ideas inspired you to have a good time with your partner without spending a lot of money. I’ll be sure to take my boyfriend out on some of these dates soon, too.   

Sophia loves everything bagels with cream cheese
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.