Cute Outerwear Outfits for Cold Boston Winter Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This winter has been one of the most cold Boston has seen in a while, and we’re sure to not see the end of it until late March (fingers crossed for another snow day?). These frigid temperatures do not mean that you have to sacrifice your style to stay warm! Here are three adorable outfits you can rock that are sure to keep you warm and toasty on your walks along campus to class in this cold Boston winter!

Outfit #1

Winter style is all about key layering! Start with a drawstring coat, preferably with a quilted lining for added warmth. Add a knitted infinity scarf around you neck, and thick knitted socks peeking out of your favorite boots. Top it all off with some cute pattern mittens and a slouchy knit beanie to finalize the look!

Outfit #2

Cocoon coats are one of the hottest items this season, so give it a try yourself! Pick one out in a neutral color, like camel featured in this outfit. Tuck a brightly colored scarf under the collar of the coat to keep your neck warm, paired with some novelty gloves for your hands. Next, slide on a pair of classy riding boots and faux fur earmuffs, and you’re all set to head off to class!

Outfit #3

This one is for one of our hardcore snowy days here in Boston! Grab a quilted down coat with a fur-trimmed hood (which will look super chic when you wear it up and block out the wind!). A knit headband keeps your ears warm without messing up your hair. Through on some ‘glittens’ –- a hybrid of gloves and mittens – so you’re free to use your phone without taking them off, and a classic knitted infinity scarf for your neck. No snow day in New England is complete without a pair of broken in L.L. Bean boots and thick wool socks!

Which outfit combination fits your personal style? Shout it out in the comments section below! 

Devoted fan of ballet flats, "Breakfast at Tiffany’s," Italian desserts and pajama sets. Firm believer that I was Audrey Hepburn in my past life. Journalism sophomore at Boston University. Follow @hrh_victoria on Twitter.
My name is Sam and I'm a junior at Boston University in the dual degree program studying economics and business administration. Along with being the Co-President of Her Campus BU, I'm also the campus representative for Victoria's Secret PINK at BU! I'm obsessed with Boston, but I'm originally from New York and hope to live in NYC after I graduate. I love being with my friends & family, shopping, and travelling!