Coolidge Corner’s Hidden Gem: Mint Julep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Creamy cashmere, pleated prints, silky satin and a tad of dazzle and bling—tucked away in Brookline’s charmingly cozy Coolidge Corner is Mint Julep, a small clothing, accessories and gadget boutique you need to check out this winter. In December, Her Campus BU browsed their treasure chest and sampled some of Mint Julep’s most unique and exciting items to cover for our readers. Let’s take a look!

Celia: Vibrant Winter Florals

Pants: Ella Moss “Pull On” Floral Pants, $48; Shirt: Milly (SALE), $148; Necklace: C&I, $52

You can easily get caught up in strictly sticking to dark colors in the winter, but by pairing your blacks with occasional pieces of vibrant patterns and bright colors, you can easily get over your winter gloom.

Long droplet necklaces are key to pair with your dark, loose winter attire. 

Giana: Bright Ruby Dress

Dress: FRNCH “Abstract Solid Dress,” $78; Long Necklace: Serafina, $78; Locket: Larissa Ioden, $36

Bright one-color pieces are both eye-catching and elegant. The best part about them is you can pair them with any type and color jewelry you like. Reds can go well with both gold and silver or shades of blues and greens.

Mint Julep has an everlasting abundance of jewelry in all shapes, colors and sizes. Make sure to check out their bangles!

Roxanne: Golden Tribal Coats

Coat: Capulet Navajo “Sand Jacquard” Jacket, $290

Don’t be afraid to pair your soft wools and sandy coats with small and delicate accessories. They will not go unnoticed. Mint Julep has really cool statement rings in forms of tiny crowns and customized letters. 

Sophie: Pastel Statement Items

Dress: Darling Clothing London “Kelly Dress,” $156; Clutch: Urban Expressions “Reilly Bag,” $46

The “Little Black Dress” is a go-to 365 days of the year, but especially during the winter season. You can easily embellish your look with statement items just like this faux snakeskin clutch in a delicate baby blue. The clutch is available in different colors as well.

Celia: Furs and Mattes

Fur Vest: Jack, $104; Purse: City Design Group “Brushed Metal Bag,” $70; Key Necklace: The Giving Keys “Let Go,” $40

“The Giving Keys” are one of my favorite items at Mint Julep. They are made from real used keys that have single inspirational words engraved in them. The idea stemmed from actress and singer Caitlin Crosby from New York who started wearing her hotel keys around her neck and paired up with a homeless woman from Hollywood who made jewelry to turn her habit into a business.

Sophie: Bedazzling the “Little Black Dress”

Dress: Kensie “Structured Dress,” $124; Necklace: Fornash Designs, $48

If you’re looking for something a bit more elegant to make your black dress pop, try a statement necklace that fits the occasion or an eye-catching clutch like the gold one pictured above. It can be hand held or worn over your shoulder.

Hannah: Egyptian Designs

Dress: Amanda Uprichard “Camilla Dress,” $186; Necklace: Serafina, 82

Jewelry can be inspired by designs from different countries around the world. I especially like the Greek Egyptian pieces with feathered or ivy-looking golden tangles and embroideries. 

Pardis: Gatsby Fringe

Skirt: Ella Moss “Zigzag Fringe Skirt,” $158; Shirt: Free People “Long Sleeved Mara Ribbed Top,” $58

Fringe is always fun, especially if it makes you feel like a flapper girl on a night out without looking too “fringy.” A classy black fringe skirt like the one from Ella Moss is tastefully subtle while still being fresh and fun.

Roxanne: Cashmere Skulls

Sweater: 360 Skull Cashmere, $120

Super soft cashmere sweaters are everyone’s go-to in this type of Northeastern weather. 360 Skull Cashmere sweaters are both 100% pure cashmere and have skull prints in every size and color printed on the back to spice up your piece of cuddly.

Pairing cashmere with rusty colors will make your outfit radiate without much bright color. Mint Julep has studs of every shape, size and form to match any of your favorite winter sweaters. 

Sweater: 360 Skull Cashmere “Dipped Skull Sweater,” $335

Cuddle up and treat yourself to an abundant shopping experience at this quaint little boutique in Coolidge Corner with gems you would only be able to find in the most hidden places of Boston.

Mint Julep

1302 Beacon St

Brookline, MA 02446

(617) 232-3600

Roxanne is a 21-year old Boston University student from Düsseldorf, Germany, who is majoring in Film & TV and is currently completing a semester in Los Angeles, California.
Giana Grimaldi is the Integrated Marketing Director at Her Campus Media, overseeing client services and campaign execution for leading national brands across the company’s digital, experiential and community platforms. Prior to joining Her Campus Media, Giana assisted with the development and implementation of several PR campaigns in the energy, financial services and nonprofit sectors as an Account Coordinator on the Public Relations team at Rasky Partners. Giana attended Boston University, where she studied Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and was also a chapter president of Her Campus at BU. Giana loves all things music, social media, food, and reality TV. When she's not at work, you can find her at the gym, watching Netflix, making the perfect Spotify playlist, or spending hours scrolling through TikTok videos. Follow her on Instagram @_gianamaria.