COMlife Star Abby Cecchine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Say hello to COMlife’s newest star, Abby Cecchine (COM ’16). Run by Boston University, COMlife is an online documentary series that follows four students in the College of Communications at BU, filming their college experience as a way to give others an inside look to the university. 

A freshman majoring in photojournalism, Cecchine says COMlife was one of the reasons she wanted to attend BU in the first place. “I watched all of the episodes and wanted their lives,” she explains. That was also the reason she decided to apply to be a COMlife star: “I guess since it was my inspiration, I wanted to be that for someone else.”

So how does COMlife work exactly? The students involved are expected to film certain parts of their lives, ranging from “normal everyday college life like homework and group projects to bigger events like the first snow fall or concerts.” However, being on COMlife has forced Abby to really break out of her shell and get involved within the BU community. “No one wants to watch me just doing homework and going to class!” she exclaimed. “That would be boring! So it has made my life more exciting.” Besides COMlife, Abby is involved in the Dance Theater Group on campus and is a part of the Photo Staff for the Daily Free Press.

And while filming our lives might seem weird to some of us, Cecchine explains, “At first it was kinda awkward and I was hesitant to film some things because I was like people are going to see me and be like why is she filming? But then I realized that’s the whole point of COMlife. Now it is just a lot of fun!”

Her friends and roommate think it’s fun too, and sometimes even help out with the filming. And of course, her biggest fans are her family. “I’m pretty sure over half of the views are my mom and grandmother just hitting repeat all day,” she jokes.

And while she may not be Jennifer Aniston quite yet, Cecchine has gotten some stardom out of COMlife. “One time this girl recognized me from COMlife!” she exclaims. “But I was washing my hands in the bathroom and it was awkward,” she says with a laugh. Take notes ladies: never approach a star in the restroom, that’s just weird. Other than that, keep an eye out for COMlife’s newest star as she takes over Commonwealth Avenue with her camera… Who knows where she’ll show up next!

For more of an inside scoop to her life, check out Abby Cecchine and her costars on COMlife’s Youtube channel! 

Check out another COMLife star and Campus Celeb here!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.