Collegefeed: Connecting College Students with Employers and Organizing Flash Mobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

At a school like BU, where everyone is driven and talented, there’s always motivation to seek out new opportunities. Whether you’re a magazine editor or a biology TA, you have your heart set on a competitive job, and you know you aren’t going to get it by sitting in your dorm room watching TV. Unsure of where to find opportunities? Collegefeed, a social networking site that connects college students with employers, can help!

Collegefeed believes that college is the time for you to market yourself through an online identity. And no, I’m not just talking the COM girls out there. It’s important to publicize yourself for who you are and your interests, which should relate to your chosen field. They’ve been described as “LinkedIn for college students” and “a useful Facebook.”

When you first sign up for Collegefeed, the site asks about the field and companies you’re interested in. Since they target collegiates, they don’t expect you to have an exact idea of what you want to do yet. They aim to match you with companies similar to the interests you express. “It’s trying to find a mutual fit between students and employers that they may have not otherwise been exposed to,” said Amanda Muñoz, a campus ambassador for Collegefeed. For example, if you “follow” Facebook and Twitter, they may recommend Pinterest or a similar startup company.

Need more convincing? In an attempt to market the website, Collegefeed recently performed a Flash Mob at CollegeFest to stand out from the hundreds of businesses in attendance. Amanda and her Omega Phi Alpha sorority sisters were among the dancers who performed. Check out the highlights below!

Amanda’s supervisor choreographed the dance, which Amanda and her friends then learned from a video.

They preformed in front of the crowd at CollegeFest, an annual festival that features local and national sponsors, attracting over 17,000 college students each year.

Ready to sign up for Collegefeed yet? Register here!

Rebecca Shinners is a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and Photo Intern/Freelancer at O, The Oprah Magazine. She graduated from Boston University in 2014 with a BS in Journalism and concentration in Photojournalism. She got her start in magazines writing for Her Campus and was previously an Editor for both Her Campus BU and Her Campus Tulane. Her work has also appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Teen Vogue, Bustle.com, Hamptons Magazine, and Newsday. When Rebecca isn't busy writing and taking pictures, she can be found shopping, petting puppies, wearing the color mint, and going to concerts.More: http://rebeccashinners.weebly.com/
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.