The College Guide to Red Sox Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

One of the perks of going to Boston University is it’s proximity to one of the most well known sports venues in the world: Fenway Park. Depending on where you are on campus, you can see the historic stadium that has been open since the Spring of 1912. This week marked the start of the baseball season, so it is just a matter of time before you and your friends head to a Red Sox game. Here are a couple of tips to help make your Red Sox experience a great one:

Find Your Tickets

If you don’t want to spend outrageous amounts of money on tickets for the game, head to StubHub or Gametime to find greatly discounted tickets. There are also deals offered through the school, so be sure to keep an eye on your email.

Get Your Gear

Whether you prefer to wear a simple hat with a plain tee or go all out, be sure to rep the Red Sox. Stop by places on Newbury (like Urban Outfitters) for non-traditional pieces that can go well with a pair of jeans and/or a baseball cap. You could also check out one of the stores on Yawkey Way to buy authentic Red Sox merchandise.

Turn the Game into an All-Day Event

Gather your friends to meet up for a meal before or after the game. Fenway Park is surrounded by historic restaurants, like Cask and Flagon, and a large amount of trendy eateries that would be perfect for a game day meal. If you aren’t willing to spend money on the overpriced stadium foods, head to Yard House, which often has half priced happy hour on their most popular dishes.

Grab your friends and head over to a Red Sox game for an official welcome to Spring!

I am an Atlanta-raised writer living in Boston. I have had a fixation with magazines, pop culture and styling my whole life.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.