Closet Revival: How to Steal Selena’s Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Selena Gomez is back and better than ever. It seems as if every outfit she wears is the perfect combination of style and comfort. Whether it is a full glam red carpet dress or a simple pair of jeans, she always looks effortlessly chic. If you’re a Selenator like me or just love her looks, I’ve compiled some of her best outfits below to help you transition into fall fashion using clothes you already own.

Look #1: White “Fetish”

Photo Credit: Celebzz

This outfit is one of the easiest to achieve. All you need is a pair of white pants, a baggy white t-shirt, and a pair of white shoes. Don’t be worried about that old myth that you can’t wear white after Labor Day. If Selena can do it, so can you! If you really want to go that extra mile, toss your hair into a super high pony and tease it for maximum volume.

Look #2: “Come & Get It” Contrast

Photo Credit: Pinterest (Selgomez.news.com)

Here is another super cute, super easy outfit. Imagine… it’s Monday and you’re running late… again. Just pop on a basic white tee, a pair of rolled black skinny jeans, some white sneakers, and you’re good to go! If you have a few extra minutes and want to get the exact look, try straightening your hair and using a shine spray or serum to get Selena’s sleek locks.

Look #3: “Undercover” Black & Denim

Photo Credit: Just Jared

Suddenly, the temperature drops into the fifties, but you don’t want to pull out your fall jackets just yet. Try Selena’s combo of a thin olive green coat, light wash jeans, a black crop top, and a pair of black booties. This outfit is sure to keep you looking stylish and comfortable when it’s neither hot nor cold outside. To get a more edgy look, try pairing the outfit with winged eyeliner.

Look #4: “Spotlight” on Athleisure

Photo Credit: Elle Magazine

Have you ever just rolled out of bed, chucked on a pair of sweatpants and gone to class? Next time, try pairing your comfy bottoms with a cute black crop top, denim jacket, and black and white sneaks. This way, you’ll show up to class looking chic and no one will ever know that you just didn’t feel like putting on real pants. To complete the look, pull your hair up into a messy bun and pop on a pair of sunnies.

Look #5: “Who Says” Navy & Black Don’t Go

Photo Credit: Selena Gomez Style Blog

Has anybody ever told you not to wear navy and black together? What do they know?! Selena perfectly pairs a baggy navy t-shirt with a classic black leather jacket to create a super stylish look. Try pairing the shirt and jacket with flared jeans and white sneakers to really bring the look together. If you have one, dump all your stuff into a red handbag and head out the door!

Look #6: All Black; “Naturally”

Photo Credit: Refinery29

Black is a fall wardrobe staple and Selena shows us how to break up an all-black outfit with a cute, grey graphic tee. All you need to recreate this look is a pair of black skinny jeans, black booties, a graphic tee, and a black fuzzy sweater. This is the perfect outfit for late fall and early winter. Pair it with a bright red lip and say hello to the cold weather.

Have fun recreating Selena’s looks and preparing for the colder weather! Stay chic readers!

HCXO,

Dana

Cover Photo Credit: Select Specs

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.