Check Out These 8 Feminist Clothing Brands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I love clothing. No, like I really love clothing. I love clothing the way I love food- it doesn’t have to be really nice, but if it’s good, it’s good. It could be a good deal, a piece of Goodwill clothing, or something expensive. But, recently, I’ve found a number of clothing stores with feminist clothing. I’ve waved goodbye to my bank account and signed myself over to these super cute new sites for feminist clothing, so now I’m here to share them with you.

1. Feminist Apparel

With shirts like “Cats Against Catcalls,” “Everyone Can Be Feminist,” and “Cinnamon Roles, Not Gender Roles” this just may be the site for you. Their sweatshirts are comfy and well-fitting. Plus for this site, when you sign up with your email you get a 15% off coupon!

2. Me And You

This adorable brand sells everything from “Bad Bitch” patches for your clothing, to “Feminist” panties, to “Don’t Touch” tees. It’s a little more on the expensive side, but the clothing is cute and comfortable and great for loungewear.

3. Wicked Clothes

Wicked Clothes sells all sorts of apparel, you may have seen their sweatshirts “A Woman’s Place Is In the House and the Senate” and “Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.” They have political tees and watches. They’re very affordable and come in super cute patterns!

4. Free the Nipple

Although there are a limited number of products available on this site, the brand has some rad stickers and socks that will make your feminist wardrobe stand out.

5. Neon Moon

Neon Moon is a fabulous feminist lingerie brand. They work hard at not sexualizing their models and aim help make women feel fabulous about their bodies. Their brand is body-positive and sweatshop free. There’s no better place to pick up your panties!

6. Human

This fabulous brand has an incredibly large selection of products based on feminist beliefs. They have totes, canvases, baby clothes, blankets, tablet cases, stickers, sweatshirts, anything you could want. Plus, it’s all very affordable! You want a “Smash the Patriarchy” laptop decal? This is your place.

7. Only With Consent

This is another site with a limited number of products but an incredibly important message. Consent is what they want and they use their apparel to take a stand for it. They have stickers, banners, and tees, which help them spread their fantastic message.

8. Feminist Style

This fantastic underwear brand combats the look of the Victoria’s Secret panties with phrases on them like “talk to me” and “#askfirst.” Comfortable and affordable, this group of cute, feminist products should be your new favorite place to look for lacy panties.

These are just a few of the brands that I’ve started to love. To make a good situation even better, many of these shops take strong stances against sweatshops and the sexualization of their models. So pull out your credit cards and enjoy!

I'm a Film and Television major in the college of Communications with a minor in Women's Studies at Boston University. I'm from Louisville, Kentucky. Find me on Instagram: @taylormedford_19
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.