Caroline Statile (COM ‘18)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you are searching for a girl who loves food just as much as the beach, look no further than this cutie with the luscious locks, Caroline Statile.  

Caroline, a broadcast journalism major in the College of Communication, wishes the beach existed in Boston. But since snow doesn’t quite compare to sand, she settles instead for her second love, the fall foliage. When autumn comes to town Caroline not only enjoys walking around admiring Boston’s beauty but venturing away from the city for apple picking or going to fall festivals.  

Besides being in the beautiful city of Boston, the people are what make BU so great for Caroline. “There are so many amazing people that go here and I’ve met some of my best friends.” Caroline adds.  

What does Caroline like to do for fun? “If eating counts as a hobby that’s also always a fun time…” Caroline laughs. A girl after our own heart!  

Speaking of food Caroline’s favorite is any kind of pasta, but especially her dad’s home made spaghetti and meatballs. It reminds her of home since he used to make it every Sunday when she was younger (aw cue feels)!

Caroline smiles and adds, “Also anyone who knows me well knows I have an unhealthy obsession with cheese.” 

In case this week’s cutie could not get any more adorable, why not double her? That’s right Caroline has a twin sister. But before we get all seeing double on you, Caroline and her twin are actually quite fraternal.  

Caroline explains twin-life has its pros and cons. “It’s fun being a fraternal twin with a sister who is literally my polar opposite (blonde, fair, blue eyes, etc.) especially because it’s always a good conversation starter. No one ever believes us!”  

“It can be annoying to be grouped together a lot especially since we have similar interests, but we are actually pretty independent people. I wouldn’t have it any other way though because we get each other like no one else and have the same sense of humor so we always make each other laugh.”  

Laughing is one Caroline’s activities which is why in a guy she seeks someone who is adventurous and easy to talk to, but especially one who has a good sense of humor and appreciates sarcasm.  

This adventurous cutie hopes to explore as much of the world as she can, but specifically all of Europe. She loves Europe’s old world charm and the close proximity of countries that are all so unique.  

In five years from now Caroline hopes to be living in New York City and writing for a magazine. Hey Caroline, maybe after some time in NYC, you become the youngest editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris? We at HCBU say yes!  

Samantha is a junior Broadcast Journalism major in the College of Communication at Boston University. She is the celebrity news anchor on Good Morning BU on BUTV 10. The campus Manager for University Tees and the current Vice President of Recruitment for sorority. She firmly believes that not all who wonder are lost, the ability of food to fuel the soul.
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis