Campus Cuties: Matt ’15, Andrew ’15, & Mitch ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Since having met this trio of friends (and this week’s Campus Cuties) last year, there has never been a dull moment. If you’ve ever met either Matt Rubin, Andrew Maksimovic, or Mitch Wightman, chances are you’ve met the other two as well. These three met through wrestling during their freshman year at Boston University, and have been inseparable ever since. In their free time, these three roommates like to hang out and watch movies at their house, better known as the “Puppy Playpen.” 

That isn’t the only thing this trio has in common. These cuties are are single and ready to mingle! When asked what their perfect date would be, Matt, COM’15, kept it classic; his perfect date would be a nice dinner followed by a walk around Boston. Mitch, CAS’15, likes to keep things spontaneous, and describes his perfect date being an unplanned-trip around town finished by with a kiss at the door. Andrew, SMG’15, said “One’s [dates] where you don’t feel awkward or pressured. Anywhere I can be my goofy-self is best.” All three seemed to agree with Andrew’s statement–and Andrew said that “group dates with Matt and Mitch are a bonus.”

For these three wrestlers, it is important for a girl to be comfortable hanging out with the boys. A good sense of humor goes a long way too, they said. All three agree that they prefer girls who are accepting of “dude nights.”

These gentlemen look out for the ladies, as well as giving back to the BU community. They love getting involved with philanthropy events on campus. The three were first runner-ups for this year’s Gamma Phi Beta Kick for A Cure, a philanthropy event for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer organization, as well as participating as competitors in ADPi’s Friday Night Lights to benefit the Ronald McDonald House.

Campus Cutie Fun Facts:

• Matt’s biggest turn off is someone who can’t understand his weirdness.
  • Christmas is Mitch’s favorite holiday, because it brings his family together.
  • Matthew Mconaughey is Andrew’s celebrity crush.
  • Matt is a fantastic air drummer.
  • Mitch can cliff jump.
  • Andrew can lip sync to every one of Nickelback’s greatest hits.  

So maybe we didn’t get to the bottom of why they’re still single, but its clear that any girl would be lucky to spend some time with either of these three Campus Cuties. One thing is certain; they’ll definitely keep you entertained. You can see all three this weekend at BU Wrestling’s home opener on December 6th. Be sure to come out and finally support Save BU Wrestling.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.