BU Does Brunch: The Best Spots Near Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Ever since I was little, I always looked forward to brunch. My father would take my sister and I out to the nearby diner and we’d have time to catch-up, joke, make plans for the day and of course eat perfectly crisped bacon (duh).

I’m not hating on Warren or Marciano Commons, but sometimes it’s nice to ditch campus and explore for an hour or two! It took me some time to find my way off campus, but I finally did. Here are the best places to reconnect with friends, get rid of that hangover or just enjoy the most important meal of the day (brunch is a meal right?):

Busy Bee:

Busy Bee is the classic diner you went to with your family. You really can’t beat their quick service and delicious options, especially since it’s so close to campus! Just over the St. Mary’s bridge, Busy Bee is a great South Campus getaway (located at 1046 Beacon St, Brookline 02446). One important note is that Busy Bee is unfortunately not open on Sundays.

Crispy Crepes:

If you’re in South, but want something a little different, Crispy Crepes is the perfect place. Crispy gives your Boston breakfast a French twist with their sweet and savory options. I would highly recommend the Nutella and strawberry crepe. Crispy Crepes is right next to 711 in South Campus located at 512-A Park Drive!

Kupel’s:

I think if there is one food I could eat for the rest of my life it might be bagels (I like carbs, okay?). Don’t get me wrong – I love Dunkin, Brueggers and everything else in-between, but I had a divine bagel inspired revelation when I stepped into Kupel’s. All of the bagels are handmade and absolutely the most delicious bagels you will ever have. I promise. If you like bagels you have to venture down the C-line to go there. You won’t be disappointed

If you’d like to stay closer to central campus, but aren’t in the mood for the dining hall I would also recommend Blue State Coffee for a quick bite and coffee or Eastern Standard for a fancy brunch when your parents visit! 

Is there a place I missed? Where’s your favorite spot?