BU Dining Hall Food Hacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Ever had those days when you’re tired of the food served at the Boston University dining halls? Or maybe you’re trying to make something quick but delicious as you make your way to your next class? So what can you make? You can mix it up a little by improvising with what the dining halls have for you already.

1. Pizza Bagel

After toasting a bagel, microwave it with sauce and cheese from the salad bars. If you want to get a little more creative, add toppings that the dining halls offers such as broccoli, mushrooms or bacon. Go crazy. Extra cheese is highly recommended.

2. Cheese Fries or Cheesy Hash Browns

Microwave French fries and shredded cheese. You can also do this with hash browns. Smash up some bacon to make it taste even better.  

3. Chicken & Waffles

On days that the dining halls are serving chicken, why not make some waffles to go with it! If you really want to go all out, add butter and maple syrup.

4. Milk Tea

Add half-and-half or sweet condensed milk to your regular cup of tea to make milk tea. Add sugar or honey to make it sweeter. It’s that easy!

5. Milkshake

If you’re in the mood for a heavier drink, try making yourself a milkshake. Simply get a cup, fill it up with ice cream, add milk and stir! Make it even more desirable by adding strawberries and topping it off with whipped cream.

6. Parfait

Combine yogurt, fruit and cereal. Add honey if you want to sweeten things up.

7. Ice Cream Sandwich

BU dining halls offer cookies and ice cream every day, so why not combine the both? Make yourself an ice cream sandwich! Add candy or sprinkles, too!

8. Banana Split

Fill an empty bowl or plate with a peeled banana and simply add ice cream. Remember, chocolate syrup, hot caramel and sprinkles are always highly recommended. 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.