BU Crushes: An Adaptation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If you haven’t figured it out by now, social media is this generation’s mode of professing your love for that cutie in your writing seminar, the barista behind the Starbucks counter, or even the blue-eyed guy who caught you staring in Mugar. Of the many social media platforms that allow and encourage love-related confessions, BU Crushes on Facebook is the best. The page is full of cute pick up lines, crude comments, and even hopeful declarations. Below, I created my own silly submissions in what I call BU Crushes: An Adaptation.

• #1030: I cannot imagine my life without you. I especially appreciated the time you provided sustenance when Boston was on lockdown. I forgot to thank you in person for that — and for all the other times you fueled my body. BU Dining Services, you are incredible!
  • #1248: BAY STATE ROAD, YOU SMELL SO GOOD NOW THAT IT IS GETTING WARMER! I JUST WANT TO SNIFF YOU ALL DAY!
  • #2879: To all those people that stand on Marsh Plaza for 3 hours every Friday—your hugs are irresistible :D
  • #4598: Girl, keep on inspiring everyone with your breadth of knowledge, energetic personality, and ambition to crush the double standard.
  • #6511: Wait, why would I even submit anonymously when I actually WANT the person who never notices me to strike up a conversation…? I’m just posting on here to prepare for the actual moment I will go up and do it myself.

That’s about all I have. While posting electronically could be silly and empowering at the same time, I think we would benefit much more if we shared our crushes in real life. On Friday afternoon, I had the pleasure of witnessing someone tell another person; “I just wanted to tell you that I see you everywhere and keep saying, Wow he is so attractive!” It was adorable. It didn’t turn into anything more than a cute exchange. Nonetheless, I’m sure if we all did this, we’d be glowing all the way down Comm Ave.

Photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/Terri…

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."