This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Janelle Laignelet is Boston University’s Her Campus Recruitment Director! She is a senior in BU’s College of Communications, where she majors in Public Relations.

This New Jersey native is excited to be sharing what her favorite pieces are as well as what inspires her fashion style.

Here’s what happened on Janelle Laignelet’s closet tour!

How would you describe your style?

Laignelet: I like a simple style. I really like black and white and then adding pops of color, which I think translates into my style. I wear very simple, neutral colors but then I’ll accessorize with a necklace or pops of color. I’m also really big on shoes too.

Who inspires your style?

Laignelet: I have to say my mom really inspires my style because she is kind of like me. That’s why I dress like this. She’s also very simple but she’ll add a little statement piece of something.

What’s your favorite store?

Laignelet: Probably Free People. It’s a little expensive, but thank God for the sales.

What’s your favorite item of clothing?

Laignelet: Maybe my pink jacket I got recently. I’ve worn it once but spring is coming! It’s from Anthropologie.

What are three items you would save in a fire?

Laignelet: I would probably save these new shoes I got, my tan trench coat that I got in London, and my black bomber. They are pieces I usually wear and really like.

How do you choose what to wear?

Laignelet: I kid you not, in the morning sometimes I’ll just stand in my closet and say, “what am I feeling today?” So I’ll stand in there for a couple minutes. Or I’ll start with the shoes and go up. Like I’ll sometimes base my outfit on my shoes.

What’s the best style advice?

Laignelet: I got it from my mom and it goes: Don’t worry about overdressing. It’s better to be overdressed than underdressed.

Janelle Laignelet has amazing style! She such a sweet girl with a bright future ahead of her! All of us at Boston University Her Campus are definitely going to miss her, but we are excited to see what she accomplishes. Remember Laignelet’s style advice: It’s better to be overdressed than underdressed!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Mikaela is a sophomore in Boston University's College of Communication. Her major is advertising and has an focus in Spanish. Mikaela likes avocado toast, hot chocolate more than coffee, and dogs. Her passions include fashion, watching movies, and eating yummy food. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.