A Briefing on the Season’s Latest Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This chilly season, some fun and stylish trends are dominating the streets and runways. These bright, fun, and cozy trends are ready to spruce up your closet and mood this season. I’m sure you are already well equipped with your trendy clothes, but here’s a short briefing in case you aren’t up to date–the fashion world moves quickly ladies!

1. A POP of color.

Photo credit: Popsugar

Only Kendall Jenner could pull off a green coat while casually riding a Citi Bike. But, we all can easily incorporate this pop of color trend into our own wardrobes! During the fall and winter, like most people, I have a tendency to wear lots of darker colors. This trend changes it all up and encourages us to all dress vibrantly sometimes!

2.  Animal prints.

Photo credit: Daily Mail

Leopard is back! The runway and street style have embraced this fun trend. From coats to accessories and even shoes, all types of animal prints are dominating the fashion world: snakeskin, zebra, and of course leopard. If you are like me, and this trend is too bold, admire it from afar!

3. Teddy coats.

Photo credit: Pinterest

The fuzzy and furry coats and jackets are becoming so popular. Pair a teddy coat with a pair of jeans and booties and you have a cozy and stylish everyday outfit! I love teddy coats as an alternative winter coat, for the days that are not too cold. They are fun and can liven any outfit!

4. Big earrings.

Photo credit: Elite Daily

Costume jewelry is a fun way to embellish any outfit. But, big earrings take that to a whole new level, as they can be the center statement of an outfit these days. With your hair up, statement earrings can be the center of your outfit, or with your hair down, a simple and fun accessory.

5. Plaid.

Photo Credit: Popsugar

Plaid is a great pattern and trend because it can be worn in a variety of ways. Grey plaid can be worn in a muted way, paired with black pants and accessories. Bright, colorful plaids are also fun because they can liven this typical fall and winter pattern.

6. Unconventional purses.

Photo credit: Pinterest

If you’re in the market for a purse that only fits a lipstick, this season’s trend is perfect for you. The small and unconventional purse styles are ruling the fashion world. Small purses in a variety of shapes and funky patterns are the handbag trend this season.

These are just a few of this season’s ruling trends that are bold, funky, and if worn right, stylish. I may need a green coat and some statement earrings to step up my fashion game this season…  

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.