Boston’s Food Trucks: Top 5 Meals on Wheels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s been three years since the food truck phenomenon first hit Boston, and this mobile meal craze is still going strong. While the amount of food trucks rolling through the city continues to grow, here’s a list of the top five trucks worth tracking down.

#5: Mother Juice

Mother Juice is one of Boston’s newest food trucks as it first went on the road this past spring. They use mostly local produce to make fresh juices and smoothies that are both nutritious and delicious! These fruity drinks are the perfect energy boosters for those stressful exams and midterms and a healthy choice for those getting ready for the upcoming holiday season. Their menu also changes weekly based on what can be found at local farmers’ markets, so you can always expect a new, colorful juice available every time you return (and I know you will)!

I recommend: Since their menu changes so often, I recommend everything! I tried a blueberry, banana & coconut water smoothie… YUM!

Find this truck at: www.motherjuice.blogspot.com

#4: Cookie Monstah

Now that the healthy bit’s out of the way, this one’s for those with a serious sweet tooth. Cookie Monstah is a dessert truck that specializes in freshly baked cookies and ice cream sandwiches. Their cookies are so incredibly chewy and delicious that I swear their food was made by angels.  They also serve a variety of other seasonal desserts that are sure to make your mouth water. This is the perfect truck to find after going out to dinner in the city, or even if you feel like treating yourself with some dessert for dinner.

I recommend: The Nor’easter- Red velvet cookies with white chocolate chunks and chocolate ice cream. It blows all other ice cream sandwiches out of the water.

Find this truck at: www.thecookiemonstah.com

#3: Clover Food Lab

This one’s for all of those herbivorous collegiettes! Clover Food Lab is a food truck that specializes in vegetarian cuisine as common and convenient as a fast food chain. Veggie-lovers and the like can enjoy a variety of meatless meals for a great, low price. Even if you’re not into vegetarian food, I definitely recommend checking out their rosemary fries. They are incredibly delicious and worth making the trek out to a truck for.

I recommend: Chickpea fritter & rosemary fries, a delicious, protein packed meal that’s perfect for grabbing between classes. 

Find this truck at: www.cloverfoodlab.com

#2: Roxy’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese

Roxy’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese is one of Boston’s most popular trucks due to its appearance on Season 2 of Food Network’s Great Food Truck Race. Though many visit the truck due to its TV fame, their grilled cheeses definitely live up to the hype. These sandwiches are the perfect comfort food to cure any remaining homesickness and make a great lunch on those breezy fall afternoons.  Whether you’re keeping it simple with a classic grilled cheese, or are branching out & ordering a Green Muenster (cheese, guacamole, and bacon), this truck will never let you down.

I recommend: The Rookie- Vermont cheddar & tomato grilled cheese; it’s a delicious classic with a nostalgic flavor that will remind you of home. 

Find this truck at: www.roxysgrilledcheese.com

#1: Bon Me

Bon Me food truck specializes in Vietnamese food so if you’re willing to step away from the traditional, you’ll be met with the best meals on wheels in the city. This is my personal favorite truck, mainly because I’m such a sucker for their customizable meals.

First, you choose the main part of your meal; you can choose to have your meal served in a rice bowl, over a noodle salad, or in a baguette. Then you choose from a variety of fillings including spice rubbed chicken, Chinese BBQ pork, & roasted soy and paprika tofu, to create a meal that’s filled with bold, unique flavors. Their food is the perfect pick-me-up on those cold and cloudy days, and their vibrant yellow and blue trucks are sure to make you smile.

I recommend: Miso braised pulled pork baguette. I’ve actually had dreams about this sandwich, that’s how good it is.

Find this truck at: www.bonmetruck.com

Academic Year: 2016Major: Public RelationsAstrological Sign: LibraEditorial team member, social media addict, and foodie.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.