Boston Restaurants for Every Kind of Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

No matter what your February 14th looks like, Boston has a spot for it. Here are the perfect restaurants if you’ve been with your partner forever, want to get together with friends, or have hopes of sparking a new romance.

The Low Pressure, Easy Going Date: Tiger Mama

A post shared by Tiger Mama (@tigermamabos) on

A good idea for a first date, Tiger Mama creates a calming, low-light ambiance that takes the stress away from a night out. Their Asian-fusion menu makes sharing plates super easy, a perfect option to get to know your date’s favorite cuisines or solidify what you both have in common!

The Romantic, Sugar Lover’s Date: Max Brenner

A post shared by ??? ??????? (@maxbrennerusa) on

Max Brenner offers awesome dinner options with even more impressive dessert selections. This is perfect for the traditional Valentine’s Day people who believe the holiday should be centered around sugary confections. Some of the highlights of the dessert menu include the chocolate fondue and the s’mores ice cream. 

The Fun, High Energy Date: Empire

A post shared by Empire Boston (@bostonempire) on

Empire is the place that couples old and young could go to and still rave about how exciting the experience was. The music is loud and creates a club-like feeling, but the staff makes sure you feel like you’re still having an intimate dinner. The Asian fusion restaurant is set up with seating for dinners and a section that’s more of a lounge. The open kitchen in the center is complemented by imperial but modern style Asian décor.

The Relaxed, Experienced Couple Date: Boston Chops

A post shared by Boston Chops (South End) (@bostonchops) on

The superb service is what stands out right away at Boston Chops. Their wait staff make you feel important and tailor the experience to make it feel personal. They’re excited to be there and even more excited to give you the food and make sure it’s meeting the high standards they set.

The Galentine’s Get-Together: Citrus & Salt

A post shared by Citrus & Salt (@citrussaltbos) on

Citrus & Salt is a super fun spot for a girls’ night out. The Mexican style small plates are perfect for sharing and the pastel-colored interior is so aesthetically pleasing. It’s an all-around great option for younger crowds.

Valentine’s Day is all about doing something you love with people you love, and who doesn’t like food? No matter what your plans are, let these Boston restaurants make the night unforgettable.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sonja is a senior at Boston University from New Hampshire studying journalism. On campus, Sonja works to promote various brands to the college audience. She has been an ambassador for Razor Scooters, Venmo, Rent the Runway, Comcast Xfinity, and BEARPAW Shoes! When she's not writing or working, she loves exploring restaurants and taking pictures around Boston!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.