A Boston Bucket List: Spring Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Winter is finally coming to an end and Boston just keeps getting better! Here are nine events taking place throughout the rest of the semester to keep you busy, entertained, and sane during your last two months of the school year.

1. St. Patrick’s Day Parade on March 18

Photo via http://southbostonparade.org/parade-route/

Everyone loves a fun holiday! Take part in one of Boston’s biggest traditions on March 18th by attending the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in South Boston! The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is the fact that spring begins only days after the parade! Get in the Irish spirit and party your way all over Boston!

2. March for Our Lives on March 24

Photo via Facebook

I love how my generation is the generation pushing for changes within America. This cause started as a result of the Parkland, Florida mass shooting and communities all over America will be taking action in Boston Common on March 24. Getting involved is a key aspect of growing up and being right in the city it is so easy to find ways to get involved with what you believe in.

3. Sebastian Maniscalco’s Stay Hungry Tour on March 31

Photo via http://sebastianlive.com/home/

Who doesn’t like to laugh? Comedy shows are a great way to spend a night out with some friends. Sebastian Maniscalco has his Aren’t You Embarrassed? Stand-up routine on Netflix and his jokes are hysterical. If you can grab tickets to one of his shows I would say it is totally 100% worth every penny.  

4. BU Men’s Lacrosse Versus Army on April 7

Photo via GoTerriers.com

Show some school spirit and cheer on the men’s lacrosse team against Army! Lacrosse just screams “SPRING IS HERE” to me. I can’t wait to hear the practices outside my dorm! Make sure to get some tickets for a game or two during the season to cheer on BU! Bonus: student tickets are free with your BU ID!

5. Watch the Boston Marathon on April 16

Photo via The Runner Stickers

Ever since I applied to BU, I have heard about how fun Marathon Monday is. I’ve been told that you feel the community come together for a day of fun and cheering! Immerse yourself in Boston’s culture and become a true Bostonian!

6. BU’s Relay for Life on April 21

Photo via Twitter

This year, BU’s relay for life is turning 10! On their Facebook, BU’s Relay for Life invites every to “join us for a memorable night as we fight cancer all night at our tenth Boston University Relay For Life! Relay for Life is the largest fundraising event on campus, and we want to make this our best year yet. It’s an amazing night of live music, fun activities, dodgeball tournaments, Zumba, and most of all, so much love and hope. All of the money raised goes directly to the American Cancer Society and can make a huge difference in a cancer patient’s life. #MoreBirthdays”

7. Annual Earth Day Charles River Clean Up on April 28

Photo via Boston Magazine

Do your part in helping the Earth stay clean! Every day is Earth Day, but on April 28 Boston comes together to make the Charles River a little cleaner than usual. A bunch of BU environmental clubs will be taking part in Earth Day celebrations to watch for the ways you can help in the GSU!

8. Sh*t-Faced Shakespeare on May 6

Photo via From the Box Office  

I don’t know much about this one, but I do have a friend who has gone to it and said it is hysterical. The concept seems great and there are multiple dates available throughout the year. Plus isn’t everything funnier sh*t-faced?

9. Kygo’s Kids in Love Tour on May 12

Photo via EDM Sauce

End the semester with a bang! Concerts aren’t for everyone, but if they are, a Kygo concert sounds like a great way to end an amazing year at TD Garden! Prepare yourself for a summer full of fun by starting it off right with music, fun, and friends!

There is so much to do in Boston during the Spring! Take advantage of the time you have in this gorgeous city when it isn’t below freezing! Enjoy the end of the semester with some fun adventures!

Cover photo via Mass Vacation 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Delanie is a senior at Boston University who loves Pavement's iced tea and the Charles River. She has a passion for writing and is on an adventure to find the best coffee shop in Boston. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.