Boo to BU: BU Inspired Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With Halloween only a few weeks away, now is the time to start hunting for the perfect costume. But this year, search no further than campus! What better way to show your school spirit than to create a truly BU-inspired costume? Here are a few ideas to get you started.

SMG Student

This one is almost too easy. You can always spot an SMG gal walking down Comm Ave, donning classy business duds in a sea of jeans and slouchy sweaters or T-shirts. Got a blazer? Got a nice pair of pants or a skirt that matches? You’ll have a Halloween costume faster than you can say “entrepreneurship.” Feel free to accessorize with a fashionable briefcase.

Comm Ave Runner

He’s largely disappeared from the bustling campus sidewalks in the past year or so, but the Comm Ave Runner is forever running in all of our hearts. What better way to revive his legacy than to dress like him for Halloween? All you need is a pair of baggy basketball shorts, a tank top, white sneakers, and – of course – his unmistakable chest, wrist, and ankle weights. You’ll be just as unstoppable as the real Comm Ave Runner, wherever he’s running now.

Sasquatch

Ladies of BU, it’s time to embrace the hairy, mythical beast in all of us – No, not that Sasquatch. Break out the enormous BU hockey flag and hide your pride! While it’s true that females aren’t exactly as gifted in the chest hair department as this ultimate BU fan, it’s just more of a reason to get creative. All that hair in your brush has finally found a purpose! (Bonus: Blasting Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” isn’t required, but adds to the authenticity.)

Anyone handing out free stuff on Comm Ave

This one is pretty flexible. Happen to have a lot of cans of Fuze lying around? (And we all know you do if you stopped by the GSU anytime in the past couple of weeks – They were practically throwing them at people.) Grab the drinks and don a friendly, approachable, hey-I-have-free-stuff smile. Or, if you want to take this in a different direction, get a clipboard and choose a cause. Spend the whole evening trying to convince already-broke Halloween revelers for fork over a couple of bucks. Don’t be surprised if people walk by, ignoring everything that you say. That just means you’ve captured the essence of the costume.

BU Schools

For those among us who are looking for a costume that includes all of their roommates, suitemates, teammates, and plain, old mate-mates, your answer lies in BU’s very own 1.3-mile campus. You have a friend in SED? Polish up an apple and have her don a pair of her most authoritative glasses. She’s SED! Are you a COM lady? Grab a newspaper and notepad (or a script, or…ad copy?) and you’re all set to represent your school. Sargent College, you say? Put on that lab coat and rock that stethoscope. Got a friend in CGS? Well…there’s always the Garment District.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.