This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

I’m sure you’ve heard that it is important to take care of your skin, but rarely, you are told what products to use or how to use them. So, we’ve rounded up 5 go-to products, from face cleanser to lip scrub, to help you get clear and glowing skin with a perfect makeup application each time. The best part? It’s all incredibly affordable.

Cleanser:

Credit: Blissworld Makeup Melt™ Cleanser

You may think it’s only necessary to wash your face at night, but it’s important to wash your face twice a day! This lavender-scented cleanser is gentle enough to wash your face in the morning, yet powerful enough to remove your makeup at the end of the day. Its jelly texture, rose flower extracts, and shea butter helps cleanse and moisturize your skin while reducing redness and irritation. A clean start is a vital step to achieving glowy skin: the ideal base for a face of makeup.

Moisturizer:

Drench & Quench Cream-to- Water Hydrator

With a light and refreshing scent, this moisturizer is great for all skin types, even sensitive, by leaving your skin feeling soft rather than greasy. By moisturizing every day, your skin will provide a smooth foundation for your makeup to be applied evenly and effortlessly. Don’t forget to massage it in, as this motion stimulates blood circulation and the growth of new, youthful cells.

Body Butter:

Lemon & Sage Body Butter

While most people focus on the skin covering their face, don’t neglect the rest of your skin! Even though you might not be putting any makeup on your body, it is still important to moisturize. This lemon and sage-scented dream cream has a mixture of coconut oil and shea butter to deeply hydrate the skin.

Lip Scrub:

Credit: Blissworld

Fabulips™ is made with natural ingredients, such as sugar and walnut shells, to buff away dry and chapped lips. Of course, this is essential for winters in Boston, but it is also the key to smooth lip color application even after only one use!

Makeup Remover:

Credit: Blissworld Makeup Melt™ Wipes

As fun as it is to put makeup on, it is equally as important to take it off! Use makeup wipes as the preliminary step to remove all your foundation, eye makeup, and built up grime that may have accumulated throughout the day. These oil-free wipes are perfect for all skin types and contain chamomile and aloe to hydrate and soothe skin while prepping it for cleansing!

By regularly taking care of your skin, you are removing dirt and oils that build up during the day and preventing fine lines and wrinkles later in life. Having a daily routine will also provide a smooth base for beautiful and seamless makeup application. Take time to invest in products that work for your skin type and the routine that is best for you. Your skin will thank you.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.