yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Best Teas to Keep You Cozy This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Now that the weather is cooling down, there’s nothing better than a hot drink. Luckily, we always have tea! I’m mildly (very) tea-obsessed, and drinking a cup (or a few) is more than guaranteed to make me feel warm, relaxed and simply at home. And while there may not be many specialized tea shops around BU, generic tea bags get the job done. Here are a few of my top tea choices for chilly temperatures:

Chamomile

While not my personal favorite flavor-wise, flu season is right around the corner. Chamomile tea is anti-bacterial and can help treat or prevent sicknesses. Plus, it’s definitely tastier than cough syrup!

Peppermint

Even fresh off the kettle, peppermint tea still offers a cool, refreshing zing when consumed. This is especially appreciated when you catch a cold and you’re suffering from a sore throat. Herbal peppermint tea is also caffeine-free, so there’s no guilt in drinking it at night.

Ginger

I only discovered ginger tea last year, but since then, I’ve been hooked. My favorite variation of this tea is grinding up fresh ginger and adding honey. If there isn’t any fresh ginger near your dorm, however, tea bags will still do the trick just fine. Ginger packs a punch, but once you get used to its sharp taste, you’ll love it! And an added bonus: it’s especially great when you’re sick.

Chai

I love the flavor of chai. However, chai lattes can be way too sweet for my taste. Chai tea bags give off the warm, spicy flavor without overdoing the sweetness (and you can always add a teaspoon of sugar if that’s your preference). It may only be fall, but it’s never too early to enjoy Christmas in a cup!

Sadaf

No tea compilation would be complete without adding Sadaf Persian to the list! I grew up drinking this tea, and its strong flavor is right for any occasion. When you need a bit of caffeine, Persian tea is the perfect pick-me-up no matter the time of day. It has always been my favorite, and it’s rare to see me without at least a few of these tea bags in my possession.

Though tea is a necessity year-round, the coziness of a cup of tea in the chilling air just can’t be beat. Enjoy!

Jessica is a senior at Boston University, studying in the School of Communication with a major in Mass Communication, a minor in Cinema & Media Studies and is on the Pre-Law Track. She made the move from Westchester, NY to Boston, and is living in a constant fear of the impending winter. When not in class, she could be found obsessing over Harry Potter or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, making poorly timed puns, or drinking an excess of tea.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.