The Best Places to Find Shopping Deals in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Finding nice clothes at cheap prices is possible by spending a little more time looking and knowing where to look. Here are some great places to find some great steals!

• Stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx: These stores have really nice designer clothes at major discounts. It usually takes some sifting through racks to find the gems, but I think it’s worth the time. I personally like the selection at Marshalls in Kenmore. There is also a TJ Maxx in Brookline on Harvard Ave.
  • Second Time Around: This is my all time favorite store. You can both sell your new and gently worn clothes and buy designer clothes at cheap prices. With three locations on Newburry Street, I like to walk down the street and go through all three of them. I have found amazing dresses there for unbelievably cheap prices. My most recent, boast worthy purchases have included a Bebe dress, originally $118 for $20 and a BCBG dress for $25. Shopping at these stores, I can usually find a garment for whatever occasion I’m shopping for and it has become my number one destination.
  • Goodwill and the Garment District: These are awesome when you have a themed mixer and have no idea how you are going to find an outfit in time. It also is a great place to shop for unique pieces. Both of these stores are usually hit or miss but are always fun to go to. Sometimes at Goodwill I will find absolutely nothing. Other times I find a brand-new, Lily Pulitzer cardigan for $12 or a Jcrew dress for $15. The Garment District, located in Cambridge requires a good amount of time to search through. It can sometime feel like you’re on a scavenger hunt looking for the good stuff, but trust me, they’re there. They have both vintage and discounted clothing as well as modern second-hand clothing. Look in the designer racks for great bargains. 
  • H&M: H&M is absolutely great for basics. Anytime I need a cheap tight dress or skirt, I head on over for a $10 purchase available in a variety of colors. Trendy accessories are also great to purchase here.
  • Websites like Ruelala and Hautelook and Guilt: These websites have deals with designers that allow them to temporarily sell the merchandise at a super discounted price. The designers change every few days so there is always something interesting to look at.
  • Unitiques: Started here at BU by a student, The newly launched website allows college students to sell their clothing directly to other students at their own school by posting a photo of the item and the price.
  • All Wholesale Cosmetics: I love makeup as much as I love clothes so finding this website was a lifesaver   for my wallet. This website has discounted high-end makeup such as MAC, Lancome and Estee Lauder for reduced prices. It’s a great website to search for       limited edition collections as well as getting your favorite brands for lower prices.

Happy Shopping!

Photo source: http://shauntee.com/wp-content…

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."