The Best Places to Find Fangirl Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Fashion is all about expressing your personality— so why not add some accents that reference your favorite books, shows, and movies? Whether subtle or bold, there are endless ways to profess your love for certain characters and stories! Here are some stores and websites where fandom accessories can be found for those collegiettes who consider themselves “fangirls.”

1. Hot Topic (In store and Online

Right now Hot Topic is fan central! This past year especially they have been selling merchandise of all kinds and for all fandoms. With a huge Disney section, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and a growing anime and manga collection— as well as Sherlock, Supernatural, Marvel, DC, and others— the store is constantly getting new things in stock. They featured a “Cinderella” collection for the new live-action movie that came out this year, and are now highlighting their American Horror Story and Star Wars collections.

Find them here:

DC Comics Wonder Woman Cosplay Bow 

Harry Potter Daily Prophet Flap Wallet 

Disney The Little Mermaid Ariel No-Show Socks 5 Pair 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Book Drop Earrings 

2. Modcloth (Online Only) 

You might not think of ModCloth, which focuses on vintage-style apparel, as a destination for finding fandom merch. While not always explicitly “fandom,” their accessories can be a subtle hint at your favorite characters and stories. Other times the website features brand name products, but always stylish ones, and often with punny names.

Find them here:

R2’s Company, C3PO’s a Crowd Backpack 

Darth Side of the Swoon Bag 

Opening Line Necklace 

3. Etsy (Online Only)

Etsy is an online marketplace where crafters sell their products from all over the world. So basically, you can find exactly what you want, or even request a custom product!

Find them here:

Platform 9 ¾ Platform Express Ticket Hair Bow by GeekWithMe 

Loki Minifigure Necklace by GeekyWears 

Sherlock Benedict Cumberbatch Silhouette Acrylic Necklace by Downtherabbithole10 

4. Newbury Comics (In Store and Online)

Founded as a comics store in Boston on the famous Newbury Street, Newbury Comics is now a geek hub. It’s a regional, New England company, and a mall staple. Their products are mostly found in store only, but they’ve recently added shopping to their website on certain items. They still sell CDs and comics, and records as well, but are now really focused on, well, fandom merch!

Find them here: 

Harley Quinn Black & Red Infinity Print Viscose Scarf 

Star Wars It’s A Trap Trucker Hat 

Captain America Logo Stainless Steel Necklace 

5. Claire’s (In Store and Online)

Claire’s is still cool! Don’t be afraid to check them out— you could find some real gems! Beyond fandom accessories, they also have quirky jewelry and holiday accessories as well.

Get them here: 

Minnie Mouse Round Coin Purse with Ears 

Despicable Me Minion Made Jelly Coin Purse 

Don’t be afraid to show off your geekery, collegiates! May the style be with you!

Sarah is a freshman at Boston University, although she took two years off before starting college. She is currently undeclared. She loves to write, and her other interests include reading, music, style, fandoms, and the ever dangerous penchant for online shopping. Rapunzel is her favorite Disney princess, and one of Sarah's greatest moments was meeting her and getting her autograph. She is a Hufflepuff, doesn't drink coffee (gasp!), and collects fuzzy socks.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.