Best Movies For A Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s raining and you’re feeling completely unmotivated to do anything productive. Here are the best movies to watch on these lazy, rainy days, because if you’ve checked your weather app this week…showers are ahead! 

1. Bridesmaids- Everyone loves Bridesmaids. If you don’t then you’re a liar. Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy slay the comedy game. This is the perfect girly movie to laugh at. Cuddle up with your friends (or be alone), get some snacks and LMAO. Let’s face it— this is going to be all of us in 5-8 years so it’s better to know what you’re getting yourself into now

2. 17 Again– Ah, Zac Efron in his teen-grunge-sexy-long-hair-phase. I mean if that’s not enough of a reason to watch this movie on a lazy day then I don’t know what is. It’s heartfelt, funny, and emotionally moving so it’s perfect obviously.

3. Sherlock Holmes– If you’re in the mood to pay attention and actually think, this movie’s a great choice. You can follow along with the clues and feel mysterious on a cold, rainy day. And come on, Jude Law is hot af.

4. The Great Gatsby– This is a classic. Not only is it as amazing as the book, but the soundtrack is phenomenal. Lana Del Rey, Jay-Z, Fergie and Sia…you can be entertained just by the music and theatrics. While you’re stuck inside avoiding the outdoors, you can imagine yourself as Daisy in the 1920’s at one of Gatsby’s parties. Ahh, we wish.

5.  Legally Blonde– Everyone adores this classic. Despite it being hilarious and entertaining, it sends a powerful message to girls everywhere to never give up on their dreams! We want to be Elle Woods, don’t you? So if you’re looking for something uplifting yet witty to get over the miserable weather, Legally Blonde is your go to movie
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.