The Best Moments and Quotes From The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The Office, in my book, has gone down in history as one of the best shows in TV history.  Each character was casted to perfection. From the handsome John Krasinski playing the adorable Jim Halpert, to the hilarious Steve Carell playing the naive and perverted Michael Scott, this show has everything — but most importantly humor. Here are the best moments and quotes from the series.

1. “Dammit!  He put my stuff in jello again.”

Nothing is better than seeing the beginning of Dwight and Jim’s rivalry when Jim put Dwight’s stapler in jello.

2. When Dwight impersonated everyone in the office.

We don’t get to see Dwight’s humorous side a lot of the time, so when he dressed up as everyone in the office it’s safe to say I kept laughing, even when the scene was over.

3. Parkour!

The scene opens with Michael, Dwight and Andy attempting to parkour, although they continuously just did summersaults and jumped on their co-workers desks. What brought the scene to it’s peak was when Andy jumped off of a warehouse truck onto a refrigerator box thinking it was going to be a hard surface… it wasn’t.  He went right through the box onto concrete.

4. PAM IS PREGNANT!

I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for a couple to have a baby, and seeing how happy Jim is just solidifies why they are my favorite couple… although they’re fictional.

5. Dwight and Angela hooking up.

This relationship took me for a loop when I found out they were hooking up, but seeing how weird they are together makes me ship them.

6. “I feel God in this Chili’s tonight.”

Watching Pam Beesley get drunk and win a Dundie for “whitest shoes” is definitely one of my favorite scenes. 

7. CREED.

Creed is such a weird character and you can’t help but laugh at anything he says.  Although, most of the time the things he says make no sense.

8. The Proposal.

“Who would want to be proposed to in the middle of nowhere in the rain at a gas station?” ME! as long as Jim Halpert is the one doing it.

9. “Identity theft is not a joke Jim.”

Some of the best scenes are of Jim and Dwight’s banter and Jim impersonating Dwight takes the cake.

10. Ryan and Kelly.

Who could forget the start of the twisted and horrible relationship of Kelly and Ryan?

11. When Kelly lied about being pregnant.

Nothing makes me laugh harder than when Kelly doesn’t understand why Ryan is mad at her for lying about being pregnant.  THEY’RE CRAZY!!

12. Who knew Andy was one of the most relatable characters?

Between Andy constantly wanting to be friends with everyone and singing pop hits around the office, I’ve slowly realized I am Andy Bernard.

13. The Fire.

I laughed for a good 10 minutes when I saw this episode.  Dwight decided to start a fire in the office and heat the doorknobs with a blowtorch to simulate a real fire scenario for the office to take seriously.  However, the plan went sour when Oscar climbed through the roof, Anglea threw her (hidden) cat through the ceiling, and Stanley had a heart attack. Although, nothing beats Michael throwing a projector through the window and screaming “help!”

14. Michael’s stupidity.

For a boss who is in charge of overseeing sales and accounting departments, you would think he knew what a surplus is. But he clearly needs it to be explained to him like he’s 5 years old.

15. Hitting Meredith with a car.

I can’t tell which is funnier: Michael hitting Meredith with his car or Dwight capturing a bat over Meredith’s head with a garbage bag. Either one is pretty hilarious.

16. Michael vs Toby.

It’s never known why Michael has such a hatred for Toby, but seeing Michael’s reaction to Toby’s return from Costa Rica is the BEST.

17. That’s What She Said.

In just about every episode there is a “that’s what she said” joke and I swear they get funnier and funnier.  I never thought the objectification of women would be funny, but then I watched The Office

There are so many more moments in the show that make me laugh, but my article would’ve turned into a novel if I put them all in.  The Office is funny, smart, sarcastic and a great show to watch.  If you’re in need of a new Netflix series, I think I gave you enough reasons to start The Office.

I am a senior studying broadcast journalism at Boston University
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.