Style > Beauty

The Best Lip Products You Need To Try This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Lips don’t lie––and you can tell when someone’s lips are cracked, dry, or just overall uncomfortable. For me, the key to confidence comes from lips that never look bad. No amount of lip makeup can hide the dryness behind a pair of lips. Standing by my belief, I’ve taken my time to try out some lip products at the beginning of September and am proud to report back a few of my favorites.

Laneige Lip Glowy Balm

Photo Credit: Elite Daily

This is my current everyday lip balm! Created shortly after the Korean brand’s lip mask success, I found it to be just the right consistency to achieve a glowy look that wasn’t sticky to the mouth. The lip glowy balms come in a variety of fruity scents like pear and berry. Sold for $15.

Supergoop! Acai Fusion Lip Balm

Photo Credit: Supergoop!

Honestly, Supergoop!’s lip balm was my tried and true all throughout summer, but I loved it so much I brought it into the fall season. It contains 30 SPF (which is important because lips are some of the most sun-sensitive parts of your skin), and this formula is a thickish consistency, so a little goes a long way. It’s perfect for a casual day because the lip balm is super moisturizing, non-sticky, and colorless. Sold for $9.50.

Sephora Melting Lip Clicks

Photo Credit: Sephora

The Sephora Melting Lip Clicks were something I’ve found out about more recently, but I fell in love with them instantly. Like the other lip products I’ve mentioned, the Lip Clicks are super moisturizing, smooth, and glide on super easily. I especially enjoy them for when I dress up a little more than just for a regular school day because of the slight tinge of color they add to my lips. Sold for $14.

Nivea A Kiss of Moisture Lip Balm

Photo Credit: Amazon

The Nivea lip balm has been through it all with me. I’ve kept one with me since middle school, and it always finds its way back to me. Super lightweight and moisturizing, I’ve always ended up going back to it no matter what lip products I try throughout the years. Sold for $3. 

Always take care of your lips! With all the talking, eating, and drinking you do, they go through a lot throughout the day. It’s important to keep them protected and cared for. Try out products for yourself, and find the ones that fit best for you.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Originally from Bay Area, California, Miranda is a sophomore at Boston University studying Public Relations and a minor in Visual Arts. In her free time, she loves skating with her synchronized skating team, going to the movie theater, or doing yoga.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.