The Best Items You Can Find at Trader Joe’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

In my humble opinion, as far as grocery stores go, Trader Joe’s is the front runner for delicious and reasonably priced food. With its unique atmosphere, gourmet style, and very college budget-friendly pricing, Trader Joe’s cannot be beat. Trader Joe’s has so many great items, but here are a few of my absolute favorites.

1. Speculoos Cookie Butter

If you haven’t tried Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter you need to re-evaluate your choices. This spread is dangerous; it says it can be put on cookies, pancakes, and other sweet treats, however my favorite way to eat this god-sent spread it right out of the jar.

2. Roasted Coconut Chips

Trader Joe’s Roasted Coconut Chips are a perfect snack on the go or topping to a healthy, yogurt and granola breakfast. They are basically just dried coconut, but are way more delicious and crunchy than your typical shredded coconut flakes.

3. Reduced Guilt Brownies

This brownie mix will change your whole mindset on fatty, sugary batches of brownies. Despite the stigma of “fat free” deserts not tasting rich and tasty, this mix is breaking the stereotypes! It is absolutely delicious and will make going back for seconds an experience with “reduced guilt.”

4. Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels

If simply reading the name doesn’t make your mouth water, then you really must just try these for yourself. Amazing. Freeze them!

5. Freeze Dried Fruit

For all you healthy Collegiette’s reading this, this is the perfect study snack for you! The serving size is large and the calorie count is very low– therefore, it’s basically a dream come true for being so delicious and fruity. My favorite is the freeze dried raspberries!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.