The Best Hidden Stores and Restaurants in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Boston is coveted for it’s beautiful, historic sights, it’s great shopping, and some of the most delicious restaurants on the East Coast. However, what makes Boston even more special are the not-so-common boutiques, restaurants and coffee shops. With an adventurous mind, Boston is home to quite a few “hidden treasures.” Below are some of my personal favorites.

1.  Mint Julep

Location: Coolidge Corner – 1302 Beacon Street, Cambridge – 6 Church Street Cambridge

This adorable boutique situated in both Brookline and Cambridge is perfect for finding outfits and accessories for any occasion. It’s full of quirky and charming statement pieces that are essential for being a fashion-forward Bostonian. Mint Julep just launched their new online store and be sure to check out their fashion blog.

2.  Wish Boston

Location: 49 Charles Street

Wish is a contemporary clothing boutique situated in the heart of Beacon Hill on beautiful and historic Charles Street. This quaint boutique is abundant with the trendy, eye-catching clothing. It has many noteworthy designers, and great accessories for a night out on the town.  Be sure to check out their blog with updates on the stores new arrivals and the most essential pieces to have for each season.

3.  No Rest For Bridget

Location: 220 Newbury Street

No Rest For Bridget is a brand new hidden treasure– probably not for long though! With incredibly chic clothes at an amazing price, this boutique is ideal for the Collegiette’s tight budget. This store just opened up on Newbury Street and is just a T ride (or walk) away from campus!

4.  The Thinking Cup

Location: Boston Common – 165 Tremont Street, North End – 236 Hanover Street

The Thinking Cup is the perfect coffee shop to indulge in all of your necessary guilty pleasures. Whether you want to pamper yourself with delicious baked goods, cozy up to a perfectly crafted cappuccino, or just relax and catch up on some school work, Thinking Cup will accommodate all of your “me-time” needs. Awarded the Best of Boston award in 2011 by Boston Magazine, this coffee shop is the quintessential place to be at peace with a hot drink topped with bold latte art.

5.  South End Buttery

Location: 314 Shawmut Avenue, South End

The South End Buttery is a great place for brunch, dinner, and dessert for your sweet-tooth. Committed to making all of their food with organic ingredients, as well as having a  warm atmosphere perfect for great conversation and great food. Dogs are welcome!

6.  The Paris Creperie

Location: 278 Harvard Street, Brookline

The Paris Creperie is sure bring out your inner Parisian. Transform an afternoon in Harvard Square to an afternoon in a Parisian café at this delectable creperie. Satiate your sweet tooth with a S’mores crepe or go for one of the classics–Bon appetite!

7.  Pavement Coffeehouse

Location: 736 Commonwealth Avenue

Tired of Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts? Pavement Coffeehouse has an atmosphere that is sure to make you a regular customer. With plenty of space relax and catch up on your latest book, this coffee shop is an oasis for caffeine lovers. This coffeehouse is right across from the Boston University Central T stop, and across from Marsh Plaza– so grab a drink to go before class or spend your afternoon studying in the coziest coffee shop on Comm Ave.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.