This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

New York Fashion Week is one of the busiest and best times of the year. With innovative collections from Marc Jacobs and Tommy Hilfiger x Zendaya, there was plenty to see. But the stars attending gave us a show of their own. Here are some of the best-dressed celebrities of NYFW:

Zendaya 

Arriving at the Harper’s BAZAAR Icons party in a monochromatic gray suit originally from Berluti’s menswear collection, Zendaya proved that she can pull off any look, even when it wasn’t made for her. Donning a double-breasted jacket and Louboutins over sheer black tights, the young star, and now fashion designer, rocked the androgynous look. 

Emma Chamberlain

Hate all you want, but Emma Chamberlain represents a whole new generation. She has made a name for herself not only in the YouTube universe, but now in the fashion world as well. With her Louis Vuitton partnership, it was only fitting that she arrived at the Teen Vogue Generation Next party in a mini trench coat dress decked out in the iconic LV logo. 

Bella Hadid

Although the look is fairly simple, the supermodel has perfectly channeled the ’70’s vibe of the Tommy Hilfiger x Zendaya collection. The wide-legged silver trousers paired with the checkered pageboy cap create an effortlessly chic, yet fun look, just like the show, which was a tribute to Harlem complete with a choir, some vintage cars, and a saxophone player. 

Hunter Schafer

This ensemble may look like a jumbled mess, but, really, it’s an ode to Hunter Schafer’s original love: fashion. Before acting and modeling came along, Schafer had dreams of being a fashion designer—and she still does. In this Lou Dallas mixture of a frilled apron, leather trench, and red knee-high snakeskin boots, she resembles her Euphoria character Jules, whose style is also a reflection of her own. 

Aimee Song

One of my favorite people to follow during fashion week is YouTuber/blogger Aimee Song. This past year was a big one for Song as she launched her first collection, “Song of Style,” with Revolve. She arrived at the Mansur Gavriel show in a yellow waist-hugging trench from her own line! Accessorizing with matching zebra printed cowboy boots and bag, Song heralds in the latest trends that I’m sure we’ll all be following soon enough.

Eva Chen

Okay, I know this may not look like a designer piece, but it was too good not to include. Eva Chen, head of Instagram’s fashion department, rocked this black and white Marvel hoodie that she bought from Target for $24.99. A busy mother of two, Chen had no time to go home and change for the Ralph Lauren event. She may have been the “most underdressed person at the show” (her words, not mine), but she definitely left an impression— enough so that this hoodie is beginning to sell out!

Although many people take inspiration from NYFW, fashion is not about adhering to the trends, but it’s about starting your own. Take risks! Wear what makes you feel most you

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sannah is a freshman at BU studying Film + TV in the College of Communication. Most of her writing is inspired by her interests in film, fashion, and activism. Other than that, you can find her working at coffee shops, watching (and rewatching) random films, and quoting Taylor Swift lyrics.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.