This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s time to stop calling coffee “breakfast” and granola bars “satisfying.” Let’s be real, you want—nay, deserve—omelets, waffles, pancakes, and an endless supply of syrup. There are a limited number of weekends in the semester, and your time should be spent wisely. Take my advice. Here are a few brunch places that you should be checking out on your your next free Sunday.

1. Busy Bee

If you are looking for comfort food in a diner setting, look no further than south campus. Come here often enough and the owners will remember your face, name, and that you like to order an extra plate of hash browns. Word to the wise? Leave words like “soy milk” and “nonfat” behind you when you open their jingling door.

2. Zaftig’s

Located just a minutes walk away in Coolidge Corner, this Jewish themed restaurant is charming with a menu that will remind you of your Bubbe. Try their matzo brie and potato pancakes with homemade applesauce. Oy, this stomach is rumbling just thinking about it!

3. Better Bagels

As the name suggests, these are no ordinary bagels. Bringing a New York style that you have never witnessed before into Beantown, your taste buds will kneel down in front of every bite and thank you for splurging on the trip to Somerville.

4. Trident Booksellers and Cafe

To the book lovers out there, you probably just found your new home on Newbury Street. It’s hard to leave when you’re surrounded by good books, and better frappes. When you’re ready to turn the page, try their banana and caramel stuffed pancakes.

5. Eastern Standard

It’s time to raise your standards and your mimosas. Head over to Kenmore Square in your silkiest top for this classy brunch spot. Eastern Standard is unique because it actually has a set menu for Saturday brunch, and another for Sunday. So pick up your silver spoon and dig into their hangover soup (no really, this is on their menu).

Shannon Stocks is a Junior at Boston University in the Sargent School for Health Sciences, majoring in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences. She has always loved to write and focuses this passion on her poetry. In her free time, you can find her at spin class on Newbury Street, working on a project in the community service center, or at the Hillel House. She loves being a part of the Her Campus Team!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.