The Best and Worst Looks from the 86th Academy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The award show may be over, but we are all still chatting about the fantastic dresses worn by Hollywood’s finest! This year’s Oscars Red Carpet had its ups and down (and showcased a lot of navy and nude!), and although everyone looked completely fabulous, here are our picks for Best and Worst Dressed from this year’s Oscars. 

Best Dressed

Amy Adams

Wow, how amazing does she look? Rumor is Amy Adams actually styled this look for herself. The deep navy color looks amazing with her fiery red hair and creamy complexion. Plus, the red stones in her teardrop earrings and her wispy up-do add to make this look chic as ever. Kudos, to you, Amy! 

Jennifer Lawerence 

Yet another American Hustle leading lady did the Red Carpet right on Oscar night. That red is incredible. Her accessories are completely on point. I have to say, Jennifer’s hairstyle is a bit matronly, but as a whole, I love the look! 

Anna Kendrick

This dark, vampy look is really unexpected for Anna, but boy does she pull it off! Black can be safe for the Red Carpet, but his look is so interesting on her. The burgundy accessories to go with the burgundy detailing at her waistline works perfectly and ties everything together. 

Lupita Nyong’o

This award show newcomer has learned the ropes rather quickly! Lupita’s looks this award season have not disappointed, and this one is no exception. This luscious light blue compliments her skin tone, and her dainty headband makes her look like Red Carpet royalty. I probably couldn’t love this dress anymore than I do! 

Worst Dressed

Anne Hathaway

Oh, Anne. I wasn’t a total fan of this. The sparkly and mirrored detailing are just heavy and distracting on her frame. Hair and makeup didn’t wow me as well. Maybe next year?

Giuliana Rancic 

This look is just way too much. The color washes her out, the makeup is too light, and the waistline hits her too high. And of course, there’s too much tulle and flower embelishments. For a member of the Fashion Police, Giuliana should really know what she’s doing. 

Sally Hawkins 

This nominee’s look doesn’t quite measure up to her stellar performance in Blue Jasmine. The dress itself is stunning and intricate, but is looks too heavy on her small body. Drowning in dress is never a good look! 

Do you agree? Who were your picks for best and worst dressed? Share in the comments section below! 

Devoted fan of ballet flats, "Breakfast at Tiffany’s," Italian desserts and pajama sets. Firm believer that I was Audrey Hepburn in my past life. Journalism sophomore at Boston University. Follow @hrh_victoria on Twitter.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.