This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As we approach the end of the spring semester, it’s time for most college students to grind their hearts out on final papers, projects, and exams. If you’re anything like me, the promise of summer break is what’s getting you through these last few weeks. In my attempt to have the ultimate “hot girl summer,” a term coined by the visionary Megan Thee Stallion, I’ve created this list of activities to help you make the most of your summer.

Make a Bucket List with Friends 

I’ve been making bucket lists since I was in middle school, back when Pinterest was full of cheesy quote boards and life hacks. This summer, my bucket list includes going to the drive-in movies, hosting a Gossip Girl-themed night, and planning a Pinterest-worthy picnic. The best part is how versatile bucket lists are. You can choose inexpensive or free activities, but no matter what you go with, you can still have the best time with your friends.

Get Out of Your Comfort Zone

This summer is your time to try something new. Maybe you’re reading this, and you know exactly what that means for you. But if not, here are a few suggestions to kick things off: start a conversation with someone new, dye your hair a fun color, even volunteer, or take a job in a field other than what you’re studying. I know that the unexpected can be scary, but you might end up discovering a new passion that wasn’t even on your radar before.

Wear What Makes You Happy 

If you love bright colors and funky prints, rock them! Every occasion over the summer is an opportunity to dress the way you want to. Treat the world as your runway, no matter if you live in a rural town, or spend your time inside, or just want to go out on a coffee run. When you wear what makes you feel good inside, it shows through and your confidence will be at its hot girl summer peak.

Take Yourself Out On a Date 

It’s just as important to cultivate your relationship with yourself as it is with a partner or friend. Self-love is essential to discovering who you are and who you want to be. Spend a day with just yourself, doing what you love. Eat your favorite food, listen to a playlist of your choosing, binge-watch your favorite show, and take the time to care for yourself.

Get In Touch With Your Passions 

Use this summer to focus on hobbies and activities you neglected during the school year. I’m planning to read more books, experiment with upcycling, and improve my photography game. Devote your talents to your interests and passions, and the “hot girl” energy will follow.

I hope these suggestions will help you have the ultimate summer you deserve. At the end of the day, do what makes you happy and you can’t go wrong!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Mariel is a junior at Boston University studying Advertising and Film/TV. She loves fashion, trying new restaurants and food spots, and chatting about all things pop culture.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.