This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Gina Lopez
February 17, 2012

Beauty Buzz:

If you’re anything like me, around this time of the semester, you try to find a small distraction from all your work. My choice: my nails. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to paint my nails multiple times a week, but when I do get the chance, I go with these no-chip options that last all week!

OPI – Russian Navy

OPI offers a great selection of colors, but this navy blue is definitely one of my favorites.  With just one coat of this little number, the color seemed solid, but just to be safe I opted for two. And a week later, the polish was still there! ($8.00)

China Glaze – Sweet Cream

Love is still in the air for me, and even more now with this pink polish from China Glaze. The polish goes on really smoothly and the color lasted more than a week! ($4.50)

Essie – Cocktail Bling

Although I love Essie’s nail polish, I was a bit hesitant to try this color. But boy am I happy I did. This great pale gray is a nice change from stronger colors, but that definitely does not mean it was boring. I felt super chic wearing this color! ($8.00)

Orly Orange Punch

Let’s be a little daring, shall we? This neon orange polish is so much fun and definitely a huge change from the common polish colors. It’ll be a great pick-me-up when you’re feeling completely overwhelmed! ($7.50)

Sally Hansen – Double Duty

Remember girls, the secret to having long-lasting color is a great base coat and top. This polish from Sally Hansen works as both and the best part is that it dries quickly, so you can be on your merry way in no time! ($4.99)

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.