This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Eyeshadow is one of the few make-up items that most collegiettes set aside for “special events only.” But with spring right around the color, think about using some of these eye shadow palettes to brighten up your look.

For the subtle look:

Smashbox Softbox Palette ($42.00) – Smashbox
If you’re looking for an eyeshadow palette with softer colors think about the Smashbox Softbox Palette ($42.00). With six soft shades of browns, this palette is great for everyday use and a good transition palette for those who don’t use eyeshadow often.

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette ($50.00) – Sephora 
If you’ve tried Urban Decay’s original Naked eyeshadow palette, you’re going to love the Naked2 palette. With 12 different colors, you have an amazing combination of colors to choose from and use together. These neutral colors are anything but boring and you’re sure to make some heads turn! The set comes with a brush and a lipgloss!

Ultra Nude Eye Palette ($45.00) – Bobbi Brown
This limited edition palette from Bobbi Brown is fool proof. The six colors work all on all skin tones. The colors are very subtle, but add an extra pop of color. Get yours now, before it’s gone!

For the daring:

Yves Saint Laurent “Ombres 5 Lumieres’ Palette ($56.00) – Nordstrom
 The colors in the YSL palette are a lot of fun. The colors are bright, but not to worry they are all pastels. These shades remind me of Easter, and now that we are all past the age of coloring eggs, why not take these colors elsewhere!

Make Up For Ever 12 Flash Color Case ($95.00) – Sephora
Now, don’t let the price of this palette scare you away. The colors in this palette are definitely not for the shy! These 12 colors are bright, bold and definitely a lot of fun. Used by many professional make-up artists, this palette is great because it can be used for eyes and cheeks!

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.