Aritzia Opens First Boston Boutique in Prudential Center

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Aritzia opened the doors of its first Boston location last Thursday morning. The Boston site is the franchise’s 11th store location in the United States. Aritzia is a luxury, up-scale boutique chain that can be likened to Urban Outfitters, Topshop, and Zara. The theme of the store’s opening was “To Boston, With Love.” This phrase was plastered on flyers and apparel that Aritizia gave away at promotional events.

The day before the grand opening, Aritzia hosted a SoulCycle workout event at its Back Bay location, which was free for all participants to attend. Erica Maybaum, COM student and Digital Intern at Her Campus, participates in SoulCycle events at the Back Bay location three times a week.

“I pretty much live for SoulCycle, so I was thrilled that Aritzia was able to sponsor a ride,” said Maybaum. “I felt kind of bad that I sweat through the adorable workout shirt they gave us, but it was totally worth it.” Aritzia gave the attendees Aritzia-labeled water bottles and muscle tank tops to wear during their hour long cycle session.

The store officially opened at 10 a.m., but there was a special opening party that took place between 6 and 8 p.m. Bodysuits, trousers, and pleated, high-waisted skirts hung on the racks for newcomers to browse through. Waiters walked through crowds of people carrying trays of hors d’oeuvres and glasses of champagne, all complementary for shoppers. Store workers were accessible to answer questions and helped in the fitting rooms as shoppers grabbed sweaters, dresses and tanks to try on.

City of the Sun and DJ Becka Diamond performed halfway through the opening party in the middle of the store as shoppers listened and continued to shop around. As guests left the store, they were given a reusable bag courtesy of Aritzia. Tara Martin-Chen, Boston University student and lover of all things Aritzia, often shopped at their Seattle location in her hometown and will visit the Boston store as soon as she can.

“Aritzia sells the perfect version of things, so even though they’re more pricey, they’re always the cutest version of what they sell,” said Martin-Chen. Chen says her shopping experience will be better now that she can shop in-store instead of online. She also thinks Boston is a great city to have an Aritzia.

“[Aritzia] has a lot of sweaters and jackets that would appeal to everyone and also has hipper options that would appeal to a specific sect of people who live in Boston,” said Martin-Chen.

I had a lot of fun at the grand opening myself. There were so many beautiful clothes to choose from, and I just had to get something. I ended up spotting a light gray bodysuit that I immediately fell in love with. To make an outfit out of it, I paired it with a maroon midi skirt and heels. Perfect for a night out!

Bellucci bodysuit: Aritzia, $50

To find an effortless look like mine or other high quality looks at accessible prices, head on over to the Prudential Center and check out Aritzia for yourself!

In partnership with Her Campus & Aritzia.

Advertising and Journalism major at Boston University. Fashion is my passion. Lover of all things Law and Order: SVU, Empire, and Keeping up with the Kardashians. Follow my Twitter @thisgirljazmyne and Instagram @jazmyne_143! Xoxo
Giana Grimaldi is the Integrated Marketing Director at Her Campus Media, overseeing client services and campaign execution for leading national brands across the company’s digital, experiential and community platforms. Prior to joining Her Campus Media, Giana assisted with the development and implementation of several PR campaigns in the energy, financial services and nonprofit sectors as an Account Coordinator on the Public Relations team at Rasky Partners. Giana attended Boston University, where she studied Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and was also a chapter president of Her Campus at BU. Giana loves all things music, social media, food, and reality TV. When she's not at work, you can find her at the gym, watching Netflix, making the perfect Spotify playlist, or spending hours scrolling through TikTok videos. Follow her on Instagram @_gianamaria.