Are Teeth Whitening Strips Worth It?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If there’s something millennials love more than avocados, it’s white teeth. Your smile is the first thing people notice, so it is very important to have your teeth in the whitest shade of white possible. I mean, your parents didn’t waste thousands of dollars on your braces for you to have yellow teeth. For most people, professional teeth whitening is too expensive, so at-home whitening strips are most often the way to go. Keep reading to find out if whitening strips are worth it.

Do they work?

Yes. Click here for the ones I used, and like any review, here are my before and after pictures so you can see for yourself.

Are they worth it?

With a hefty price tag of $54.99, they sure are something to think about before buying. It’s ultimately up to you and how much you want to spend on whiter teeth. If you already spend a decent amount of money on makeup or other self-care products, you might consider cutting into your budget for whitening strips. I bought these when college started (as in, before I spent all of my money) so it didn’t make a large dent in my bank account. If I had the option of buying them now that I’ve already tapped into my money for the semester, I probably wouldn’t. So if you have the budget, you should buy these. Or you could always spend your money on coffee and brunch instead!

So, should you buy them? Again, it just depends on your priorities. If your teeth aren’t as white as you’d like them to be, then you definitely should consider whitening strips as an option. But if your teeth are already white enough, maybe not? It’s up to you. Happy whitening!

Clarissa is a senior majoring in Journalism at Boston University's College of Communication. Besides writing, Clarissa loves Srabble, astrology, and satire. ?
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.