This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We are still wading through midterms season, so it’s hard to believe that classes are ending in just a month! There’s so much work left to be done, though the recent beautiful weather has certainly served as a distraction. To get you through this in-between time, I’ve put together a short playlist of upbeat ‘80s songs for whenever you need an escape. I hope you enjoy this Spring Soundtrack! 

“Hungry Heart,” Bruce Springsteen, 1980

I always need at least one Bruce Springsteen song on my playlist!

“Centerfold,” The J. Geils Band, 1980

The premise is funny, and the song is almost too catchy.

“Tell Her About It,” Billy Joel, 1983

Just try not to dance!

“Borderline,” Madonna, 1983

The Queen of Pop herself.

“I Want to Break Free,” Queen, 1984

This is one of my personal favorite Queen songs.

“In Between Days,” The Cure, 1985

Being in that tired time between winter and summer break, I think this is the perfect fit for right now.

“I Think We’re Alone Now,” Tiffany, 1986

Tiffany’s version is a cover of the 1967 original by Tommy James & The Shondells, but she put her own energy into it — and it made her an international star!

“1-2-3,” Gloria Estefan, Miami Sound Machine, 1987

Gloria Estefan is iconic, and so is the instrumental in this song.

“Runnin’ Down a Dream,” Tom Petty, 1988

Talk about getting motivated!

“Lovely Day (7” Sunshine Mix),” Bill Withers, 1988

This song will bring some sunshine to your most monotonous days.

You can find my playlist on Spotify here

Stay safe and have a great week! Next time, we’re back to the movies. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Angelina is a senior at BU, studying English in the College of Arts and Sciences, with a focus on Shakespeare. She is from Somerville, MA. In addition to writing for HCBU, Angelina is the Director of BU On Broadway Off Broadway and has been involved with theater through BU Shakespeare Society, Wandering Minds, and Stage Troupe. Outside of school, she enjoys dancing, music, baking, and movie marathons. Her pop culture heart lives in the 1980's.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.