This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Whether you’re a newcomer to the beauty scene or you’re a veteran like me, you will have most likely heard of the infamous beauty boxes. There are so many different boxes on the Internet that it’s very easy to get overwhelmed when choosing which is the best option for you and your budget. I’d heard of all of the major companies like Ipsy, Birchbox, fabfitfun, and Boxycharm. I too struggled with this concept over a month ago when I finally made the decision to bite the bullet and subscribe. Since I am a dedicated beauty video watcher, I am subscribed to Jaclyn Hill––a great beauty guru and creator of Champagne Pop’s illustrious Becca highlighter.

I mean, SERIOUSLY, look at this girl glow!! When I saw that the Allure beauty box was offering a small version of this highlighter in December, I was sold. In hindsight, I probably didn’t do the best job of researching and selecting…but I’ll tell you, I’m so happy I chose Allure.

My main reason for choosing the way I did was that Allure isn’t just a random brand. I’ve been a subscriber to their magazine for a few years now and I’ve grown to trust their reviews of different makeup and hair products. Because of this, I knew that the quality of their monthly subscription would most likely reflect the quality of their magazine, in order to draw in both buyers and readers.

I’ve received two boxes now for December and January, and I’ve never been more satisfied with a beauty purchase. In each box, you receive five products that vary from month to month. As shown on their website, the products are selected by the employees of Allure magazine, who try hundreds of products a year. The box is $15 each month––slightly pricier than other options––but it’s worth it.

Not only do I now have Champagne Pop, but I have since received a full-size skincare product from Sunday Riley that retails at $85 dollars! Although I know every month isn’t guaranteed to have these types of steals, I think that the overall value for your money is great! Allure has one very happy customer here :)

If you were struggling to choose a beauty box or if you were just curious, I hope this review could make your decision easier!

HCXO,

Dana Q.

Cover Photo Credit: Hello Subscription

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.