david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

All of the Hogwarts Houses as Spotify Playlists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Since the summer has now truly come to a close, spooky season is approaching faster than ever. It’s not only about to be the season of oversized sweaters and the rebirth of pumpkin spice lattes, plaid scarves, and brown boots, but the season of Tim Burton and, my personal favorite, Harry Potter. This week I took a trip down memory lane and revisited the story that built my childhood and quickly found myself sorting the people around me into their respective Hogwarts Houses. I became completely immersed in the wizarding world, taking it all (maybe) a bit too seriously, so, I decided to take it a step further: what if I categorized music into their respective Hogwarts houses? And so they were born, Spotify playlists titled, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff. Each playlist has around 100 songs apiece, so go take that Pottermore quiz again, see where the sorting hat places you, then put your headphones in and enjoy the little things. 

1. Gryffindor

Upbeat, brave, loud music that makes you want to get up and DANCE. Perfect for the Gryffindor moments in your life. 

2. Slytherin

Smart, dark, and straight to the point. This music is ideal for getting stuff done while maintaining an air of mystery with dark undertones.

3. Hufflepuff

Happy tunes, this playlist contains the ideal songs for a sunny day without a cloud in the sky; the type of day that makes you want to lay in the grass with your best friends and just laugh at how ridiculous everything is. 

4. Ravenclaw

Many of these songs are based on literature or history with lyrics that make you think and take it a step further than your classic pop song. 

The Ravenclaw in me would like to think I did a pretty decent job hitting the houses head-on, but we all know music taste is a fragile line, and this definitely won’t fly for every Hogwarts student. Whether these playlists made The Fat Lady sing or locked me out of the common room for good, crack open a pumpkin juice and enjoy the Harry Potter season my witches.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Elly is a Sophomore in the College of Communications studying Advertising, but would also like to minor with Marine Sciences. She loves the beach, anything having to do with the ocean, and thinks everyone should work to make the world a little better than it was when we got here.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.