Alex Machado (CGS ’17): Lord&Taylor Social Media Winner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The Lord & Taylor Trendsetters are so excited to announce that one of our two social media winners from our in-store shopping event is CGS sophomore Alex Machado. Her winning post was a photo she shared on Twitter of her trying on a Love Ady Sleeveless Colorblock Top from Lord & Taylor.

With her $100 gift card prize, Alex chose to invest in a silver Calvin Klein Packable Down Coat from Lord & Taylor. 

“I was so excited to win the social media competition because my old winter coat just ripped so now I could buy a cute new one,” said Alex.

A self-described avid shopper, Alex loves looking both online and in stores for the best sales.

“I love Lord & Taylor because anything you need, they have. If you need an outfit for the gym they have it. If you need an outfit for a party they have it! And you can find really good designer clothes for great prices – they always have good sales,” says Alex.

While Alex is a trendsetter herself on campus, she says she draws her style inspo from Kendall Jenner. “I love her because she always looks effortlessly put together. She always tries risky trends which I admire.”

For a chance to win a $100 gift card like Alex did, follow your Lord & Taylor Trendsetters on Instagram and Twitter at @LTatBU and like us on Facebook at Lord & Taylor Boston University  for all the latest giveaway announcements!

Bailey is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus and a member of Boston University's class of 2017 with an intended major of Magazine Journalism. At Boston University, she is the events coordinator at BU's chapter of Ed2010 and the events coordinator for Lord & Taylor's Trendsetter program. In her free time, Bailey can be found eating frozen yogurt with her friends or getting sucked into yet another Netflix series. Be sure to follow Bailey on Instagram and Twitter at @bclem412.
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis