This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As the popularity of practicing tarot grows, so does the number of decks available to buy. When looking for a tarot deck, you will find lots of different independent artists that create so many amazing designs. Business must be booming! Here are some aesthetically pleasing tarot decks that I like and think people who appreciate the artistry that goes into tarot will too:

The Sasuraibito Tarot (Etsy, $48)

The Sasuraibito, or “wanderer,” deck is heavily Japanese-style inspired. Seattle-based artist Stasia Burrington bases The Sasuraibito Tarot on “contemporary living in the Western world” and “Japanese and Buddhist concepts and ideals.” This deck is a great one to check out if you are a fan of the anime/manga art style.

This Might Hurt Tarot (This Might Hurt Studios, $45)

This Might Hurt Tarot is honestly my favorite deck on this list. Not only does it have a fun, comic style, but it’s also probably one of the most inclusive decks I’ve seen. Artist Isabella Rotman does a fantastic job portraying different ethnicities, sexualities, and bodies while colorist, Addison Duke, adds punchy, vibrant colors to Rotman’s illustrations.

The Linestrider Tarot Deck (Amazon, Regular Size $30, Mini Size $12)

The Linestrider Tarot Deck has such a unique, crisp design that many people find easy to interpret. Seattle-based illustrator Siolo Thompson’s cards are whimsical with bright splashes of watercolor. It comes in both regular and mini sizes, making it a really affordable deck!

Tarot of the Divine (Yoshi Yoshitani Store, $20)

The Tarot of the Divine deck is perfect for anyone who likes fairy tales and legends! Based in California, artist Yoshi Yoshitani pulls inspiration from patterns, cultures, and histories from all over the world. Yoshitani also created a book that explores the lore featured in her deck in-depth, a perfect add-on to the deck itself.

Modern Witch Tarot Deck by Lisa Sterle (Amazon, $22)

The Modern Witch Tarot Deck gives the classic Rider-Waite Tarot a modern feminist twist. This desk has gained a lot of popularity recently, and for a good reason. Columbus-based artist and cartoonist Lisa Sterle’s work is fun, expressive, and bright — this tarot deck is no exception.

Tattoo Tarot: Ink & Intuition (Amazon, $21)

Tattoo Tarot: Ink & Intuition beautifully showcases the American traditional tattooing style. This deck was a team effort, with illustrations by author Diana McMahon-Collins and famous tattoo artist, Oliver “Megamunden” Munden. If you’re a fan of tattoo art, then this deck is for you!

Tarot has an art style for everyone; it’s easy to see why so many people are into collecting tarot cards!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Cameryn Richardson is a sophomore at BU, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies. Outside of writing for HCBU, she is an international peer mentor, involved in Art Club, and loves to find new restaurants and coffee shops to visit. Find her on Instagram @cvmrich!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.