The ABCs of Boston: Y and Z

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

From restaurants and cafés to unique places to shop and museums, we have explored a bit of everything in Boston through this ABC series. Now at the end of the alphabet here are a last few places to celebrate the end of the semester.

Ye Old Union Oyster House
America’s oldest restaurant in continuous service (since 1826), the Union Oyster House is a National Historic Landmark and is an experience to be had by all. The Union Oyster House is located on Union Street just a short walk from Faneuil Hall and serves delicious, traditional New England food. From clam chowder to clam and oyster favorites to the union special lobster there is plenty of god food to go around. The Union Oyster House was even a favorite spot of John F. Kennedy, and his favorite booth has been dedication in his memory. So don’t let your time left in Boston pass by without stopping for a bite to eat at this fine establishment.

Zocalo
If you are in the mood to continue your Cinco de Mayo celebrations from the weekend then Zocalo is the place for you. Zocalo Mexican Grill is located in the Back Bay of Boston and serves up contemporary Mexican food. Offering tableside guacamole and ceviche your experience at Zocalo will be unforgettable. Whether you sit inside in the restaurant or lounge area or outside on the patio Zocalo’s atmosphere will capture you and leave you wanting to come back for more.

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.