The ABCs of Boston: Places to explore, things to do, and food to eat…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Aquarium
Located in Boston’s downtown area near the waterfront, the New England Aquarium is a popular attraction for tourists of Boston, though students and residents of Boston often forget it.  As a student I know our busy schedules can often get in the way of exploring more of Boston; however the aquarium is a great place to enjoy and learn about sea life and take a break from studying.  Open until 5p.m. during the week, the Aquarium offers a less crowded atmosphere in the late afternoon to view the exhibits (such as the new the Shark and Ray Touch Tank). Also providing a student discount, the Aquarium is on the top of my list of things to do before the semester ends and should be on yours too!

Books at Trident Booksellers & Café
Trident Booksellers & Café is a “Mom and Pop” establishment located on Newbury Street, a short walk from Boston University’s campus.  Upon entrance, the building’s dual purpose becomes evident.  One side houses an extensive collection of books and magazines, while the other is a café with loads of signature dishes.  Trident Booksellers & Café is a warm and welcoming place for new and old readers alike.  Whether you are looking for a book, or good conversation and a cup of coffee, this is the place for you.

Cupcakes at Sweet
Sweet Cupcakes has become my latest addiction!  Making my first visit to Sweet on Newbury Street last month, I instantly feel in love.  Although I have only visited Sweet on Newbury there are three other locations: Back Bay, Harvard Square and Downtown.  Offering eight cupcake flavors daily and additional seasonal flavors, there is always something for everyone at Sweet.  All of the cupcakes are freshly baked each morning in the Sweet kitchen and are hand decorated with care.  My most recent visit fell on Valentine’s Day and each of the cupcakes were adorned with hearts and x’s and o’s.  Without a doubt, Sweet cupcakes are my favorite and I guarantee they will be yours too!

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.