Life > Experiences

The Yard House: Comfort Food & Throwback Tunes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

If homely vibes and good comfort foods are your vibe when eating out, check out this restaurant, just a short walk from BU’s campus!

Whenever my friends and I want to go out, we struggle to find a place that can work for all of us. Every single one of us has a dietary restriction. Three of us are vegetarians, one of my friends has a gluten allergy, and another friend is a pescatarian and lactose intolerant, so it’s almost impossible to walk into a restaurant without having done our due diligence. But despite all of these factors working against us, we found the restaurant of our dreams and it quickly became our new favorite. 

Yard House is located at 126 Brookline Avenue, close to campus and directly opposite Target by Fenway Park. Almost every item on the menu can be vegan and gluten-free, and the Gardein® Wings immediately caught our eye. For all my fellow vegetarians, this is your chance to experience what buffalo wings taste like!

Yard House serves burgers, sandwiches, nachos, pizzas, and various appetizers. Even the beverages were refreshing, and the strawberry lemonade emerged as my personal favorite. I recommend getting a few items and splitting them within the group so you can try more of their diverse and affordable menu!

When it comes to the ambiance, Yard House is a place where you can unwind and lock in for a few hours. I recommend getting a booth if you’re in a group of four to six to chat easier or even play games. We took Uno with us and played a few rounds as we waited for the food to arrive! The cherry on top is the perfectly nostalgic 2010s playlist on repeat that sets the mood for a chill night out. 

The YARD HOUSE is PERFECT FOR AN EFFORTLESS NIGHT OUT AFTER A LONG WEEK OF CLASSES. Introducing the Restaurant with SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY!  

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

I'm Hetavii, and I am from Mumbai, India. I am a first year Biology major (with specialization in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, and Genetics). I completed A-Levels at my high school back home, where I was the Design Head for the Science Club, published some poems in the school magazine, and published an article in the science journal about Stem Cells in Embryos. Like the two sides of the brain, I have an analytical side, and a creative side. I love math, and physics, and biology, and the logic behind it all, but I also enjoy divulging to my creative instincts. I really enjoy dance, music, and writing poetry, and how they all help me to appreciate the rhythm in all the beautiful things around me. I have also learned that images often have a way of speaking to us in a unique way, and I’m driven to break down the events happening around me, analyze every aspect and connect the miniscule dots to form the bigger picture. Graphic design has proven to be the perfect way to express myself and cultivate and nurture this drive.